Customer Service 866.965.0400

Car Jack

DP 08 GXP

Normally I avoid Harbor Freight's generally so-so China-made stuff, but their low-profile racing jack (usually advertised in magazine ads for $59.99) does seem well-enough built and can get under my Vette without having to use any ramps or boards. I always put the car on jack-stands before getting under it, of course -- never work under a car supported only by a jack.

Normally I avoid Harbor Freight's generally so-so China-made stuff, but their low-profile racing jack (usually advertised in magazine ads for $59.99) does seem well-enough built and can get under my Vette without having to use any ramps or boards. I always put the car on jack-stands before getting under it, of course -- never work under a car supported only by a jack.

That's what I bought... It was cheap and I use it only a few times a year but WTH... It's light as a feather and lifts the G8 with ease.

Chris

Im not sure what we have here but its a huge orange jack and used to lift my SS with ease. Havent tried it on my GP yet. A slim jack should be fine at lifting up your car as long as you use jack stands afterwards. Hell look at the jack in your truck its not huge by any means but it works at jacking up the car to change a tire.

I have a kobalt (from lowes) that i have had a few years. It has been great. One pump and it raises up till it hits something then you keep pumping to raise your ride. I also have a craftsman that you have to pump like 10-15 times till you hit something. Needless to say I don't use the craftsman that much unless I need 2 jacks. Don't know what brand the jackstands are, they came from my dad and have been re painted a few times.

Hey guys I sell tools for Sears over the summer while I am in college. I see many of these jacks come back in because they break. I have had all of the jack except for the high end, expensive ones returned. Also look for Jack stands that are fully welded as opposed to spot welded on the seams. The fully welded seams are safer and usually are only about 15-20 dollars more. Can you really put a price on your safety? I will say if you buy one of the sears jacks hold onto your receipt. You can opnly get them replaced under the warranties with a receipt.

Hey guys I sell tools for Sears over the summer while I am in college. I see many of these jacks come back in because they break. I have had all of the jack except for the high end, expensive ones returned. Also look for Jack stands that are fully welded as opposed to spot welded on the seams. The fully welded seams are safer and usually are only about 15-20 dollars more. Can you really put a price on your safety? I will say if you buy one of the sears jacks hold onto your receipt. You can opnly get them replaced under the warranties with a receipt.

Funny you mention that -- I've always have great luck with Craftsman tools but I've heard of a LOT of people having issues with their jacks. (i've never tried one; it's all just stuff I've read). That's actually why I broke my own anti-Harbor Freight preference and got their low-profile model.

Rich

that fits under your vette???? i must order !!! :glasses::2thumbs:

something like this?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00950188000P?keyword=floor+jack

oh and the GXP doesnt come with a jack nor a spare :willy:

Thats the one...seems like others have had issues, but I haven't. The only thing that I will look for in a future jack is a "one pump til contact" feature...even with as low as the vette is, it still takes quite a few pumps to hit the frame rail.

Archived