Customer Service 866.965.0400

Coming together

Guest Luke Warmwater

Guest Luke Warmwater

Starting to get pretty excited about getting her back in a few weeks. I have a feeling I'm going to just drive round and round Denver for half a day getting reacquainted. She went up back in Oct which seems like a long time ago. Can't wait!

Part1

Part2

Guest Luke Warmwater

It has been but we're experiencing a slight bump in the road today. Calling for 2 feet of snow up here on the mountain. I'm ready for summer now lol!

I bet you have an awful lot of fun driving that car around.

I got to go for a ride in a GT. I loved the feel of the car. Guess I'd take a FORD if I could have that one. Vrroooooooom :burnout:

When it was first coming out, my brother won a chance to drive it at the Ford Proving Grounds but he couldn't make it. :willy:

Guest Luke Warmwater
Guess I'd take a FORD if I could have that one.
Haha I was a Ferd hater for the longest time when I played in the diesel wars. The first time I planted my rear in the seat of the GT I got over it :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Luke Warmwater

After many delays and headaches, she's done. Hopefully be on the truck Fri or Sat heading back to Denver. I'll be like a kid in a candy store unloading her early next week. More than excited. The gentleman who has done all the work on her recommended Zainos. Stated they have a wax that is clear and doesn't leave visible residue on clear bra lines. Adam, do you have such a product? I remember your advice about just staying away from those lines. Was just curious on folks thoughts. Thx!

http://www.discovery-automotive.com/portal/module.php?id=projects_Unraveling3

Clear wax probably has limited protection as well... I'd check the stats on it.

Did he correct the paint or just "detail" the car?

I have a clear bra and NO issues with SMW.

Chris

Guest Luke Warmwater

Thx Chris. When I detailed it the first time I had drug americana over the clear bra. Left a lot of work to clean it off. Adam said to just go up to the lines and not to drag across. Good advice indeed but now I have even more clear bra and lines all over the car. Would be nice to find something that could be applied everywhere without worrying about all the seams.

I don't find it to be an issue. I have it all over mine as well because like most people on here, I'm anal. I want protection and I want A LOT of it. MSW gives me that. If I have an issue with any white left over, I just use a bit of DS on a polishing MF towel and wipe over the area with my finger and it comes right off. Preparation is key here so anytime you can tape off the lines you'll be money ahead. I've found that the "clear" waxes are full of crap you normally don't want on your paint, like silicone and other petroleum distillates.

Americana is also the bomb! I love the stuff. Remember with it, less is more. Two thin coats is MUCH better than 1 thick. Plus it's MUCH easier to take off if only let it sit for 5-10 minutes. 10 at max IMO.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Luke Warmwater

It's home finally! Didn't get much seat time today but she seems a lot happier. Pretty tame off throttle but when you step on the go peddle all hell breaks loose. Sounds nasty awesome. Thanks Shadowman and Discovery Automotive. Job well done.

28244_1366765886784_1160766819_30938195_2083051_n.jpg

28244_1366765846783_1160766819_30938194_5471819_n.jpg

Mike, bring your car to the shop, I will buy you lunch, then test the car out for you. :)

4820 Sterling Drive, Boulder, CO 80301

I'm here most of the time, just call my cell when you are in route! Can't wait to go for a hotlap, even if I have to sit shotgun.

Vividly remember the last time you took me for a ride in your 1.000hp Cummins diesel, getting sideways on the onramp at 70mph. Unforgettable, and this car should be even crazier.

Congrats, and I hope to see you soon!:2thumbs:

Guest Luke Warmwater

I will definitely take you up on that brother. I should apologize for being such a slow learner with detailing it. It never looked better than it did after I stopped by last time. I remember some of the instructions but not all. I'll call you tomorrow. I am really looking forward to seeing your Vette too. That is no ordinary car. I'm sure you have more money sunk in that than I do in the GT :)

Archived