Customer Service 866.965.0400

Couldn't get all MSW off..

GLBL WMR

Question

So I used MSW on my black SS for the first time with the PC, wiped it off with the PC and a microfiber 2 hours later, and then went over it again with microfiber and DS the next day to get the rest. Or so at least I thought...

It was cloudy for the next few days, so I couldn't see it in the sun.. when I finally did I saw that there were some spots where I did not get all of it off - you can see the streaks. Am I going to have to polish it again o get the streaks out??

The MSW is too much work, I think I am going to have to stick with BW. How easy does Americana come off? I'd be willing to try this...

10 answers to this question

MSW takes a little more work but protects like CRAZY! Americana is SUPER easy to get of and 2 coats provides almost the same protection as MSW.

Hey Chris,

Do you notice any difference in the way the paint looks when comparing the two? Does one have depth verses a wet look?

I'm kinda partial to sealants as of late but was curious if one product gives the paint a different look over the other.

Thanks,

Steve

Did you use Adam's microfiber or some other brand? Some other microfibers do not remove residue as well as Adams does.

Yes, I used Adam's microfiber. I also used DS when a dry MF didn't work, but it just seemed to push it around. I don't think I used too much MSW, but I guess it's possible. Either way, I would prefer BW after this experience because its just too much work.

As far as removing the streaks/haze that are present because I couldn't get all of the product off, do you think Revive will work, or will I need FMP? I did a small spot with FMP and the blue hex pad yesterday and that worked, but I'd like to use Revive if I can.

Guest OneReign

Did you apply the MSW in direct sunlight or when the surface was too hot? If so, it might make MSW removal more difficult.

Did you apply the MSW in direct sunlight or when the surface was too hot? If so, it might make MSW removal more difficult.

No, I applied the wax in my garage in the evening, and it was 60 degrees outside. What is the least aggressive method to remove the haze/streaks now that the residue has dried?

Archived