Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bug splatter

icantdrive55

Question

:help:

Just got home from a 3 hour round trip on the NYS Thruway and the bug splatter all over the front end, side mirrors, and windows is unbelievable. What is the best Adam's product for cleaning them off? I just washed the whole car yesterday so I'm really looking to clean just the affected areas. BTW - kinda new to Adam's so I'm limited to Detail Spray, Clay Bar, Revive Polish, Swirl/Haze Remover and Buttery Wax. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

13 answers to this question

I always pretreat bug guts with waterless wash before I start my real wash. After that the come right off.

That is a good tip. I'll have to try that next time. :cheers:

As for just spot treating, I would soak the affected areas with WW, let it sit for about 10-15 minutes, and the bugs should come off fairly easily.

Get your wash bucket ready with the car soap. Take several 'work' microfibers (the thiner ones work best) and soak them in the wash bucket. Take them and place them over the bugs for 5 minutes or so. They will conform to different shapes and you can tie them around the outside mirrors. This will soften up the bugs and allow you to remove them without removing the wax.

This is the one product that Adam doesn't offer so I can't buy it from him. Seafoam makes an enzymatic bug remover which you spray on before washing/pre rinsing. Let sit for 30-60 seconds and wipe off with a wet M/F or wash pad. They literally just wipe off.

WW and DS works as well. Use it on the bikes. I usually spray it on, let sit for 30-60 seconds, spray again and wipe.

Chris

I used to use the bug and tar remover, but I noticed in the new Adams video that he used the waterless wash to get them off. So I tried his method once, and it really works well. So I just use waterless wash for it now. :thumbsup:

With the vette, after every cruise, when I return to the garage I do a "walk around" with Adam's Detail spray and a tight weave microfiber towel for removing bugs and/or debris.

Also notice that with Americana the bugs come off much easier and dust does not accumulate as much....and the Vette is black :hi:

Well, like others here I've tried Adam's bug remover and it just doesn't work, at all.  

Living near/on a lake in the south can definitely be frustrating when it comes to bugs.  I've used all kinds of coatings for the front and the bugs never get easier to remove.  Detail spray is what I've soaked them with in the past but I'm going to give WW a try this next time.  

Thanks to all for the tips here.  It's definitely a problem we have to deal with and it ain't going away; well, until winter comes around.  Another reason I love winter, lol.