Customer Service 866.965.0400

Grabiak Detail Clinic weekend

Rich

First off, THANK YOU to Adam and crew for some fantastic company and a great clinic. And thanks to Ray and Grabiaks for having the event and the great food!!

We started off on Friday evening with dinner at a little restaurant in Crabtree Pa called Carbones. A totally family run Italian place open since 1938! And even Mama Carbone showed up! The food was fantastic and Junkman didn't let anyone down with his appetite, although Rad showed him up for sure! Some of you I know your names, some I didn't get a chance to get, so if you're in a pic, speak up!!

Chad (Jesse's friend), Jesse, don't know your name big guy, and Scott.

000_2631.jpg

Jesse received a little something for his birthday.

000_2633.jpg

The first four people in the top of the pic, I never had a chance to meet. But you all will recognize Junkman and Chris (Chris05GTO) on the right, and Adam, Rad, and my big head on the left.

000_2634.jpg

Left to right.....Duff, Al, Betsy, Rich, Chad, Jesse, and the lovely lady with the long dark hair is Linda (Rich....MarylandVette's wife)

000_2635.jpg

Duff and Al on this side of the table, and Rich (MarylandVette) and Linda on the far side.

000_2638.jpg

The back of Chris's head enjoying some vino and AJ's funny looking noggin. On the far side.......me in the yellow shirt, Rad,and Adam. See how skinny Rad is? Man, that salad was about half the size of an Adam's bucket and Rad ate that whole thing. I mean, he was scraping the bottom of the bowl! Don't know where he put it!000_2639.jpg

AJ (Junkman) wolfing down that spaghetti. Was that a double order AJ?

000_2640.jpg

We had the worlds best waitresses. They were friendly and as nice as you've ever met. And of course, they wanted a pic with the boss.

000_2642.jpg

Adam and Mama Carbone

000_2643.jpg

Of course Junkman has go get in on the ladies no matter what the age!

000_2644.jpg

Hanging out before the clinic

000_2646.jpg

000_2647.jpg

Adam captivating the crowd

000_2648.jpg

Al and Duff hanging out

000_2649.jpg

The pied piper of detailing at work

000_2652.jpg

There were close to 100 or more people at the clinic and I would say it was very successful. Looking forward to next year!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics, Rich! Thanks for posting those. We just got home and I'll upload my pics a little later.

I echo everything Rich said... HUGE thanks to Adam's for the usual great time, and more big thanks and compliments to everyone a Grabiak -- those guys are true friends to Adams, to their community and to car enthusiasts everywhere. Chevy should be SO grateful to them for waving the bowtie banner the way they do. :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

And of course it was great to catch up with so many forum members and also to meet many new ones for the first time. What a fantastic weekend. :banana:

Rich

I agree, I had a great time. It was a lot of fun talking to you all.

On a side note I wonder if Chris made it home yet. If I did not see that red Corvette leave I think Chris would still be there wielding his weapon of swirl destruction.

Once again a great time at the Grabiak clinic. I was really looking forward to dinner with both Adam and AJ there we all knew we would be entertained. I think I worked off half of my dinner laughing. Thanks to everyone connected to Adams and Grabiak for a wonderful event. Ray I am sorry I didn't get to meet you but I saw your G8 in the lot when I left. What a great group of people! I always look forward to this event to kick off the car season.

Mama Carbone got Adam running the till for her?

:)

No, Adam jumped back there behind the counter and started selling Carbone's shirts! About half of the dinner party went home with one. He was easily the best salesman they've ever had pushing them. Must be all his experience in moving microfiber. :jester::jester::thumbsup:

CONGRATULATIONS JESSE! Now, whose "ride of the month contest" was it? :jester:

weekend just got better. Found out i won another fourmn ride of the month contest. I beat a 11.4 secound silverado with these pics

towels007-1.jpg

towels006-1.jpg

No, Adam jumped back there behind the counter and started selling Carbone's shirts! About half of the dinner party went home with one. He was easily the best salesman they've ever had pushing them. Must be all his experience in moving microfiber. :jester::jester::thumbsup:

Sounds like we got out just in time! :lol:

Had a blast today! I learned quite a few new detailing tips to help make my detailing process go more quickly. When Adam was demonstrating on the Corvette, some of the little pointers he gave, I was thinking to myself, "now why didn't I think of that!?! Duh!"

Big thanks to Grabiak for the awesome event, Adam for helping out at least part of the paint on my friend Matt's poor Phantom Black GTO (I'm going to try to get him to join up here), and to Junkman for taking the time to show me how much better I can get the paint looking on my impulse blue Goat, even though I had already attempted a paint correction a few weeks ago with the Porter Cable, Swirl & Haze Remover, Fine Machine Polish, and Americana.

My wallet took a dent today, as I needed to stock back up on a lot of stuff and I now have a few people at my office asking me to detail their cars after seeing mine, but I am more than willing to pay for quality products to keep the GTO and my TBSS looking fantastic :)

Here's to hoping the Adam's crew makes it to the All GM Nats at Carlisle this summer! If you have a chance, come hang out with the G.O.N.E. (GTO Owners of the Northeast) Crew...we took Club of the Year last year...and particularly the PGH GTO Crew...we'll provide the beer for beer pong late at night on the car show grounds...lol.

Edit: Nice meeting you Ray, very nice G8 you have there!

Archived