Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC Color

Jump1979man

Question

Sorry if this has already been covered or asked....I tried searching but didnt find anything.

My APC came today Yellow instead of green. Has there been a color change? Is the product new and improved?

My 4oz came green still like what I currently have but my gallon and spray bottle came yellow.

Just wondering, thanks.

I suspect there was a snafu in the mixing... looking at the picture Jason sent me it appears to be a cloudy bottle. That generally means the coloring was off. Doesn't impact the performance of the product, just makes it opaque instead of clear.

As always guys if you have any reservation with a product or don't like what you've got contact us for replacement or refund, but really it looks like a batch may have been mixed and it looked OK at bottling, but clouded up once it settled. Wouldn't be the first time... I had a bottle about 6 months ago that showed up and it was cloudy, not to the extent your guys are, but close and it worked just the same.

Went to use it a few weeks later and it was more cloudy... still worked the same. Part of the drawback to our little business here hand mixing and bottling products. The cleaners can be skewed in color by a number of things and even a slight change in the dyes results in color changes. For example the recent thread about waterless wash fading over the winter.

???

After reading all these posts, I went and cracked a bottle of APC and smelt it and I think it smells good. :)

But this is coming from a guy who likes the skunk smell that enters his car....lmao.

Yea it smells great...but if you inhale the mist, it'll make you cough.

Glad you said that Ray, and stay tuned. . . . . . we are now testing a more powerful APC, and you can breathe it in without irritating the senses!

Coming soon. . . . . . . . . .:thumbsup:

As long as it still works as good as the current stuff, or even better, then I'm all for a safely huffable APC Cleaner. :jester:

???

After reading all these posts, I went and cracked a bottle of APC and smelt it and I think it smells good. :)

But this is coming from a guy who likes the skunk smell that enters his car....lmao.

APC is fairly potent, but it is not any worse then some other cleaners I have used. It would be nice to have a cleaner that did not irritate the senses though.

Glad you said that Ray, and stay tuned. . . . . . we are now testing a more powerful APC, and you can breathe it in without irritating the senses!

Coming soon. . . . . . . . . .:thumbsup:

I know with some chemical products when the product is old and or exposed to UV light for prolonged time it will change color or fade color.

This however is not a slight color change....I havent tried it yet or even opened the bottle yet....it did have a slight lemony smell though when sitting on my desk as I was typing the original post so its quite possible that its the same APC as the Green stuff....The green however is semi transparent or gives off that appearance and this yellow stuff is not.

No worries just thought Id mention it....

I will take a few pics if I get a chance when I get home from work today....gotta test out my new SLR camera I just bought last night.

I think it looks more yellow in the gallon size. Because it looks the standard green when you put it in a bottle...

It def. changes color... It's a chameleon cleaner... :2thumbs:

That would be great. APC can be potent.

My thought as well... as long as we can get it to have the same effective cleaning ability, be relatively safe for most surfaces, AND eliminate the chemical components that can irritate your nose and lungs why not? So far testing is positive... gonna attempt a side by side tomorrow on a heavily soiled tire, I'll post pics.

I am testing on a new concentrate formula that we will be looking at going to, essentially the same stuff, but concentrate and minus some of the ingredients that make you cough if you inhale while spraying.

That would be great. APC can be potent.

No changes guys...

the same stuff as always, not sure why the color would vary other than maybe the coloring ratio was off in a mixture. Don't get so hung up on colors, if it smells like APC, cleans like APC, and comes in a bottle that says APC, its APC.

I am testing on a new concentrate formula that we will be looking at going to, essentially the same stuff, but concentrate and minus some of the ingredients that make you cough if you inhale while spraying.

when you get your apc smell it and check it against the green stuff you got make sure they didnt accidentally send you glass cleaner with the wrong label it has happened to me before i got apc marked as glass cleaner but it was fine

Archived