Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need Porter Cable washer dimensions

tradosaurus

Question

4 answers to this question

If you are using the Adam's backing plate it has the black washer built on .You don't need the other one.:thumbsup:

Oh good. I was watching the Junkmans video and he said not to throw away the washer that came in the bag with the porter cable wrench.

Ok. I searched first and found! AJ had me trained to make sure that I used the washer in the baggie. When I got my PC today and it had the backing plate already installed and it already had the black washer on it in addition to the washer in the bag, I was immediately confused. This puts me at ease. So thanks!

Another search answered my question of why the backing plate is for 6" pads but the counterweight specifies for use with 5" pads. If I understand correctly (from Junkman's corner) both the 4" and 6" pads are ok with the 5" counterweight as long as you don't over saturate the pad with too much product and you don't go above 5K OPM.

Am I on the right track with all of this?

Ok. I searched first and found! AJ had me trained to make sure that I used the washer in the baggie. When I got my PC today and it had the backing plate already installed and it already had the black washer on it in addition to the washer in the bag, I was immediately confused. This puts me at ease. So thanks!

Another search answered my question of why the backing plate is for 6" pads but the counterweight specifies for use with 5" pads. If I understand correctly (from Junkman's corner) both the 4" and 6" pads are ok with the 5" counterweight as long as you don't over saturate the pad with too much product and you don't go above 5K OPM.

Am I on the right track with all of this?

Absolutely - I got my PC yesterday too and had all the same questions that you did and they were answered by either Junkman or Dylan. Get polishin' man! :)

Archived