Customer Service 866.965.0400

Video of glass sealant in action

IMADreamer

Question

Someone asked a while ago if I could get a video of the glass sealant in action and I finally got around to it. Please excuse the commentary by yours truly, it certainly detracts from the video. lol BTW this is nearly six weeks after the sealant was applied.

Hope I did this right as I've never uploaded a video before.

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8AVpCwOFhY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

I picked some up last weekend at the detail clinic here in Portland. Haven t tried it out yet, but judging by the video, it doesn't seem to be any better than rain-x ???? As a matter of fact, in my experience, Id say rain-x sheets off better than what the video showed at 50. Although, with the rain-x, Ive always put it on in 2 layers since it does rain like a mother here in the NW. Maybe thats the difference. Im hoping to get a couple layers of Adams on here soon and test it out myself for sure.

Thanks for posting the vid!

I picked some up last weekend at the detail clinic here in Portland. Haven t tried it out yet, but judging by the video, it doesn't seem to be any better than rain-x ???? As a matter of fact, in my experience, Id say rain-x sheets off better than what the video showed at 50. Although, with the rain-x, Ive always put it on in 2 layers since it does rain like a mother here in the NW. Maybe thats the difference. Im hoping to get a couple layers of Adams on here soon and test it out myself for sure.

I really can't compare it to rain x, I just know I took this video yesterday almost 6 weeks after I originally applied one coat of glass sealant. I've never had to wash the window since I just use the washer fluid and they are clean of bugs and whatever, and my wipers are rarely used now. It works extremely well as far as I'm concerned. Prior to applying glass sealant in a rain like that I would have had to have the wipers on high.

The primary differences I notice between the 2 products... and these are purely from my personal experience-

RainX does nothing to enhance optical clarity. In some cases I've even noticed it clouds the glass, after a single application of our glass sealant everyone who has used it has noted increased clarity on their front glass... I can attest to that fact. After a fresh application of it you'd swear someone had stolen your windshield as your driving, even directly towards a setting sun.

Our glass sealant also doesn't fight you if you want to take it off and reapply. Rainx will tend to gum up and be a real pain to remove when the coverage gets inconsistent (wiper wear down) with nothing more than a little APC and a quick pass of clay our sealant is fully gone and ready for a fresh application.

Well instead of starting another thread on glass sealant I thought I'd use Jasons.

Here's a relatively high speed test of it under quite heavy rainfall. :banana:

The picture SHOULD get better... YouTube was still processing it. :2thumbs:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2niiVG-PyP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2niiVG-PyP8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Great video!

My father in law came over Saturday while I was working on my car to see if I could replace his wipers. I said sure, told him when he comes back we'll clean his windshield and coat it with something special. So I clayed, cleaned, and coated it, installed the new wipers and he was amazed. He's VERY happy with the results.

The car is a 2005 and I replaced the stock wipers! WTH?

Chris

Five years out of a set of wiper blades?

Does he live in the desert or something?;)

No but they're cheap... He bought the new style like most of the newer cars come with and he was amazed how well they worked... :o

Of course claying the window along with the sealant didn't hurt either... Actually probably helped more than the wipers...:D

The blades wouldn't even flip over when they went up the window so they were only really working on the down stroke.

Chris

Ahhh, got ya. I read it as he had the original wipers from 5 years ago. Around here five year old wiper blades are called scrapers.......LOL

Sorry... Yes they WERE 5 year old wipers... Original to the car... :willy:

The primary differences I notice between the 2 products... and these are purely from my personal experience-

RainX does nothing to enhance optical clarity. In some cases I've even noticed it clouds the glass, after a single application of our glass sealant everyone who has used it has noted increased clarity on their front glass... I can attest to that fact. After a fresh application of it you'd swear someone had stolen your windshield as your driving, even directly towards a setting sun.

Our glass sealant also doesn't fight you if you want to take it off and reapply. Rainx will tend to gum up and be a real pain to remove when the coverage gets inconsistent (wiper wear down) with nothing more than a little APC and a quick pass of clay our sealant is fully gone and ready for a fresh application.

Agree about the rain x. It works well but a pain to apply and buff off so it does not cloud up. The clarity is something that makes me want to try the Adams.

After using the glass polish/cleaner how do you apply the sealer? Waiting on a new windshield and will try it on same.

EDIT: Found the vid, spray on blue micro applicator..got it but now have a question: does just the use of Adams glass cleaner take the sealer off or is it ok to use on the sealer?

Agree about the rain x. It works well but a pain to apply and buff off so it does not cloud up. The clarity is something that makes me want to try the Adams.

After using the glass polish/cleaner how do you apply the sealer? Waiting on a new windshield and will try it on same.

EDIT: Found the vid, spray on blue micro applicator..got it but now have a question: does just the use of Adams glass cleaner take the sealer off or is it ok to use on the sealer?

Our glass cleaner will not remove the sealant. It pretty much takes something on the level of our APC or a claybar to get it off.

The reason we recommend using our glass cleaner to prep the surface and to buff off the residue is the fact it does not contain ammonia or alcohol. Its also a 'mechanical' cleaner versus a 'chemical' cleaner leading to less streaking and more effective removal of the sealant residue.

In my testing I found that other popular glass cleaners would cause clouding of our sealant... it wasn't consistent, but it happened on occasion. I believe it was due to the chemical cleaners in the product reacting with the sealant.

thanks for the reply. I have the cleaner on order and will add the sealer. I have yet to find a good cleaner and I am not that young! Look forward to Adams glass cleaner. What you said about no chems makes sense vs the chem jobs.

thanks for the reply. I have the cleaner on order and will add the sealer. I have yet to find a good cleaner and I am not that young! Look forward to Adams glass cleaner. What you said about no chems makes sense vs the chem jobs.

You will love Adams glass cleaner. Just use it with good towels.

Archived