Customer Service 866.965.0400

Question about pads

VertimgoC502

Question

I would like to know what to do when the pad (any color) starts to look dirty. I started detailing my daily driver, I washed, clayed, and began to use swirl & haze with the yellow pad it started looking gray but I continued until I completed the entire vehicle. I went to the orange, and same thing. I continued when I switched to the white with FMP. Should I have stopped and wiped all off before continuing? Should I have stopped and cleaned the pad before continuing? I have only one set of pads. I would like to know what to do next time. In the end the paint looked fantastic but my perception and a more experienced perception are two different views. Lastly, and most importantly - sorry no pictures! I need to buy a camera but keep buying Adam's products instead!!!

6 answers to this question

How would it be if I drop them in a bucket with water while I'm finishing the detail and then when I'm completely done and doing my clean-up, then I use APC and scrub them clean?

Just to stop them from drying out while I'm doing the post-steps.

I actually noticed yesterday that my orange pad was spent... It was correcting but then adding new hair like scratches to the paint as well... Ugh... I have three orange and white pads and 2 gray and one yellow. Yellow only really needs used on really bad paint.

So I switched it out with a new/clean one and went back to work. In no way could I correct all my paint with one pad. Of course I'm stretching this out over three weeks so the pads have time to be and need to be cleaned. lol

I use Dawn to clean mine and rinse them thoroughly and spin and air dry.:2thumbs:

Chris

IMO the process you took is fine, I only clean pads when I'm done with them. I spray APC and rub it in the pad to make sure it's all cover then wash with water. Then I put it back on the PC and ring out the water, then lay down to dry.

Archived