Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Towels!

whiterp199

Question

The glass towels are amazing. I finally got some at the detail clinic yesterday and I must say I love them. Up until now I have been using the WW towels to clean my glass. The Glass towels are so much better. I am anal about my glass. It has to be perfectly clean or I feel like the the whole car is dirty, plus I see it as a safety issue. These towels worked perfectly with no streaking at all. I am going to add one to my glove box collection.

I have a glass towel from Adams and had absolutely no idea that the two sides were any different from each other?!?!?! Hmm I'll have to go take a look when I get home.

If it's blue you might not notice it as much. The new green ones you can easily see the difference.

Ok I got mine but haven't tried them yet. They're HUGE! I like to fold so this will be nice IMO. The two sides ARE quite a bit different. I can see one side being the side to clean bugs off the windshield and the other side to finish with a streak free shine. Oh, and they match the color of the window cleaner.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Hmmm.... Also interested to hear why there are two sides to a glass cleaning towel.

:lurk:

There's always been two different sides to the glass towel, but these are more differentiated IMO.

One side for bug scrubbing or stuck on dirt and the other to finish it off.

I thought the same thing... Adam handed me a beta towel a couple of years ago when he was looking to start selling them and when I used it, I was BLOWN AWAY. I have several of them now and swear by them. I too have used cheap MF to do the same job, but when I want a flawless window on the FIRST WIPE, I use my Adams glass towels.

I use them in the house and in the cars.

I should have my greens today or tomorrow Mook... I'll post up on them compared to the rest of my Adams. I have all the generations I believe.

Chris

I'm sorry yeah, I wasn't clear enough. I meant compared to the old Blue Towels. IMO they are tons better, and I love the bigger size.

:thumbsup:

The previous towels had a slight difference to each side, and like Dan said you might never even notice the difference unless someone pointed it out. Its basically a result of the way its woven... essentially the opposing sides of the weave.

We realized that by exaggerating that weave pattern you got one side that was better suited to scrubbing, and another thats better suited to streak free finishing.

I've 'unofficially' dubbed them the satin and sueded sides of the towel... the satin side is smoother, stiffer, and excellent for scrubbing. I've used it a ton to get dried bug guts broken up on the front glass of my truck. The sueded side is great for the final pass... wiping away the last of the residue from the glass cleaner to get that streak free finish. I'd take pictures of it, but capturing the difference on camera is hard... you kind of have to see it and feel it to understand.

Best of all the towel is thicker so the cleaner doesn't soak thru as easily as it did on the old towels.

Just got a chance to try mine today. I was detailing my MIL's Grand Marquis and finished the detail by cleaning the windows. The only glass towels I have are the older blue ones and the new lime green are definitely an improvement.

Just got the glass towels today! Along with the boars hair wheel brush detail lug brush an extra gallon of shampoo some microfiber applicators and the re interior applicators! And tomorrow is gonna be sunny and 69°! Should I detail? I'd say heck yeah!

Just got the glass towels today! Along with the boars hair wheel brush detail lug brush an extra gallon of shampoo some microfiber applicators and the re interior applicators! And tomorrow is gonna be sunny and 69°! Should I detail? I'd say heck yeah!

Agreed! Enjoy, I washed old yellow today - tomorrow she'll get a coat of brilliant glaze and Americana..

So I used one new glass towel. I washed it and dried it on low. It's shrunk:( oh well I won't dry the second one.

I love putting brilliant glaze on after a wash! It looks fantastic!

I personally air dry all my MF.

I got one with my Ultimate.. I used it on the G8 the other day, and on the Edge yesterday, its AWESOME.. I didnt realize what the other side was for until reading this.. that would have made things easier.. :lolsmack:

On a really dirty window, I will hit it first with paper towel just to get most of the crud out of the way and then go back over with the glass towel after.

The difference is very noticable.

Great simple tip to help keep the towel clean longer. These towel are amazing. I was a little skeptical at first. Thinking "how mush different could it be the any other towel?". Man was I wrong, NO STREAKS. I use to avoid cleaning the interior glass unless I could see something bad on the windows, because when I tried cleaning them they always looked worse. Not anymore!:rockon:

Archived