Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help me make a temporary plate bracket

6spdg37s

So, NJ state inspection, I need a front plate... I cant zip tie it to the front fascia because it doesnt fit... the plate is wider than the fascia is...

I have a bracket from the viper that I am trying to cut down to fit but it may not work...

So I really dont want to pay 180 bucks for a removable new one to have it on for a whole 5 mins...

does anyone have any tips of how I can make this quickly and cheaply :help:

here... just a general z06 pic ...mines in the garage and its raining out so im not gona get a pic of it...

inside the front fascia theres like diamond shaped mesh.. and the plate cant fit all the way in it has to be out and flush with the bumper cause its way to narrow to fit it

2008-jetstream-Z061.jpg

Rubber or plastic could work as well. You could also attach the plate to something and then attach whatever the plate is attached to to the under side of the front fascia. You could use Velcro or double sided tape for this. You could even put velcro on the underside of the top lip above the fascia. You could then take the plate on and off when ever you needed to. Plus the velcro would be hidden by the over hang.

^ the plate doesnt fit in the fascia thats the issue... and I cant hang it off the lower plastic piece cause it touches the ground ... I like the wood or rubber or plastic square idea though.. I need to brainstorm I also want to continue to cut down the viper bracket...since I have that already its not being used obviously.. if that fits once cut itll work the best

can you some how get some bolts like used when putting on a grill that can slip in behind and then expand behind that plastic honeycomb and then drill a couple small holes through the licence plate and put some nuts on to tighten it up, and if you dont want it touching the paint just put something soft in between the plate and the car before you tighten it up. problem solved and should look awesome

Archived