Customer Service 866.965.0400

First attempt at a 2 bucket with Adam's products

Nordgrey

Question

Just finished going over the car after a 500km run yesterday.

Things I learned,

-Shampoo is DAYGLO PINK :D

-Tap water here is still REALLY cold in April

-WW sprayed somewhat liberally on dead bugs really helps them go bye bye.

-Detail spray must decrease the surface tension of water by about 90%. -Water failry runs away from you.

-The Vac n Blo works wonders at getting water out of those annoying cracks and crevasis.

-The neighbours give you strange looks as you wander around your car with a mini vac on the outside....:confused:

- Female neighbours wonder what that really nice smell is.:thumbsup:

- And the most important thing I learned? If you live somewhere where rust protection is a must, it is not the friend of your fender brush! Completely forgot about the rust protection in the wells.....:mad:

CIMG0070.jpg

CIMG0071.jpg

16 answers to this question

I did get the brush cleaned up after. Copious amounts of WD40 and scrubbing it against my hands got it pretty clean.

The real trick of course, was trying to wash a water repellant of my hands after I was done......:loser:

Were are the pics of the detailed car?:confused:

Well here in Nova Scotia we like to say if you don't like the weather, wait a minute.

Not 10 minutes after I finished putting everything away, the clouds rolled in and it started raining.........:mad:

Was kind of expecting it, but after over 500 km I had to get it cleaned up.

WW... Take a hose and run it over the car to get most of the water off.

WW will encapsulate any of the dirt that may be on it and insulate the paint from it.

Chris

Ok, the shower passed by, rinsed it off, hit it with DS, dried it off again and touched it up with WW (more to get a feel for it than any real need...lol)

Still working at getting a feel for how each products works. The tires seem to really love the VRT.

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

CIMG0076.jpg

It's the turbo. Putting an AEM intake on it this week.

Been humming and hawing over putting an Eibach kit on it. They look so much better an inch or so lower.

And I really need to clean this screen. Thought for sure I saw some stuff I had missed, until I scrolled a bit........LOL

Yeah... Lower is good unless it's a DD in the winter... I lowered mine slightly. More in back than in front which leveled it off. I hit stuff constantly!

That evo motor is strong! I heard they did make some unfortunate changes to it over the EVO plant but you should still be able to get 300+ safely right?

Yeah, 300 seems to be the end for simple add ons, intake, exhaust, injectors, re-flash etc. After that the guys that are really pushing it are getting into the engine itself. From the bottom up then.

There is already a full kit on the market for another 117hp and 97 ft lbs. That is about the max before you start getting into strengthing the engine.

I'm not buying one but I said if I did, I'd buy the I4T for that reason! We have a Subie Legacy GT with the turbo 4 and with up and down pipes and a reflash we are at about 250 at all four wheels. Not bad for a 4 banger IMO.

250 ain't bad at all. That is where I would like to see mine a year or so from now. If I add an axel back exhaust and re-flash on top of the intake I can get there.

It's my DD, so I don't want to go playing too fast and loose with the warrenty...LOL

Archived