Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washed and waxed the Charger and Ranger

694doorbird

Question

I did them both this past weekend. They both had two coats of Americana about a month ago. I've never had bugs come off that easy before. This is what I did. Washed using Adams soap, a coat of Revive and then another coat of Americana. I thought I remember reading that the Revive is what give the shine, while the wax protects. When I finished, the finish of both vehicles certainly looked deeper and had crisper reflections.

Now in another thread I read that the polish removes the wax, so my question is, Did I do anything wrong with this procedure?

6 answers to this question

Sounds good to me. You've got it correct. Polishing brings out the color and clarity of the finish and wax is mainly to protect it. I think the confusion that comes with most people thinking just wax makes the paint look better has to do with OTC waxes. Most waxes you find in stores are one step waxes that try to clean, polish, and protect. However, most people think it's just wax and don't realize the other areas it's trying to accomplish as well.

I did them both this past weekend. They both had two coats of Americana about a month ago. I've never had bugs come off that easy before. This is what I did. Washed using Adams soap, a coat of Revive and then another coat of Americana. I thought I remember reading that the Revive is what give the shine, while the wax protects. When I finished, the finish of both vehicles certainly looked deeper and had crisper reflections.

Now in another thread I read that the polish removes the wax, so my question is, Did I do anything wrong with this procedure?

Revive is an AWESOME polish with a little bit (very little) of fillers so it will make a paint POP.

Americana is awesome as well.

Sounds like a great job to me.

Chris

You topped the Revive with Wax, so I think you are fine there.

I think Revive is underappreciated with all the PC use. It's great stuff, especially for a dark finish. (And so is Buttery Wax - both are great products)

Archived