Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Guy from OK

Coop

Guys I jumped on here because I am about to load up on Adams products. I do have one issue...bird poop on paint. What is the best way to remove the stain that is left on paint after I wash the bird poop off?

Welcome from Oklahoma! Are you working by hand or machine? I would start with some FMP and white pad to see if that does the trick. If not, then I would try SHR with an orange pad. It may take something even more aggressive than SHR depending on how bad it is, but I'll defer to some of the other members who dabble in more aggressive methods. Always start with the least aggressive method and work your way up.

Remove the stain or the etching it left in the paint? The stain would probably come off with some revive or Fine Machine Polish on a Micro fiber applicator but if it etched the paint either the D/A or the spot pads on a drill depending on the severity of the etch. You'll want to follow the spot pads on the drill with the D/A to remove any fine scratches you may have left.

Make sure if you get a D/A to ALSO get the 4" spot pads. IMO they're one of the best tools in the Adams arsenal.

If you're just starting out, the Junkman kit is a great way to go.

Chris

Oh and :welcomebanner:

Welcome from Oklahoma! Are you working by hand or machine? I would start with some FMP and white pad to see if that does the trick. If not, then I would try SHR with an orange pad. It may take something even more aggressive than SHR depending on how bad it is, but I'll defer to some of the other members who dabble in more aggressive methods. Always start with the least aggressive method and work your way up.

Remove the stain or the etching it left in the paint? The stain would probably come off with some revive or Fine Machine Polish on a Micro fiber applicator but if it etched the paint either the D/A or the spot pads on a drill depending on the severity of the etch. You'll want to follow the spot pads on the drill with the D/A to remove any fine scratches you may have left.

Make sure if you get a D/A to ALSO get the 4" spot pads. IMO they're one of the best tools in the Adams arsenal.

If you're just starting out, the Junkman kit is a great way to go.

Chris

Oh and :welcomebanner:

Actually, the ability to remove that damage totally depend on how long the stain has been on the car. After 2 days in a garage (a few hours outside in direct sunlight), some major damage has been done. FMP and the white pad is not even going to get close to removing it. It will take some serious claying and then the orange pad a SHR to put a dent in the damage. It may take a bunch of passes to totally get rid of it. Bird poop is lethal to your finish. Almost as bad as eggs.

Welcome to the forum!

Archived