Customer Service 866.965.0400

DIY - Langka Chip Repair: Fixing the camaro gills

The Ryan

Here's my videos I did for Camaro5.com.. I figured I'd share with the Adam's Crowd as well, just incase anyone is on the fence about the Langka chip repair kit.

I know I've babbled on for the last few weeks about putting together a couple of videos on how to use the Langka chip repair system to show everyone here on Camaro5. So now they are done, and they are much like the Junkman's videos, nothing special; just a guy in his garage production.

Don't make too much fun of me guys, I'm no pro; I just wanted to help some of ya'll out aaa.gifI'm not going to battle Adam's vs. (insert product here) in this thread, I'm just showing everyone how to use this great Langka kit.

I have used the blob eliminator in the past, and been very happy with the results. Since everyone in our Camaro community is affected by this issue, I figured I would show everyone how to fix it.

In this two video series, I will show you how to do everything from applying the touchup paint; all the way to re-applying a layer of protection.

I hope ya'll enjoy... Don't forget to turn these guys on 720p HD! woot.gif

Part 1 - Day 1, applying touchup paint to the chips. Only thing I have to add to the notes on this one, is that I had already used the paint cleaner before I started shooting this vid, and I did not demonstrate how to apply the cleaner. 1087.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPXpKpcZTBk]Langka Paint Chip Repair - Camaro Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Part 2 - Day 2, removing the excess "blob" and correcting clear coat damage; and of course my conclusion. I had to edit this one quite a bit, because it ran almost 14min, so I cut out a lot of me rambling on about nonsense and me buffing the car out. :laugh:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg2lKFXfvXgsrc[/ame]

Enjoy.

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Great vids Ryan!

I'm a bit confused that video 2 has more views than one......... LOL

Will keep that system in mind. Cheers!

Just from me taking the camera off the tri-pod... It is possible my clumsy hands moved the angle a bit.

How would you handle full scale road rash on the front bumper. With the Dr. Colorchip (Mr.?) the paint seems to be spread as opposed to each chip. What do you think? Thanks for the video.

AJ is working on a Langka VS Dr Colorchip video.. I put this together because I've always found the langka system to work well for my needs, its all I've ever used. I have never had to fully repair road rash because I never let it get that bad.

I'm looking forward to the Junkman videos on this subject.

Great videos. :2thumbs: I've found that it helps to come back with another layer of touch up paint (or two) after it dries a bit and shrinks up. Otherwise, I could still see the dimples in the paint. It's a good system but like anything else, it does take some practice. Like you said though, if you screw it up, use the blob eliminator to get rid of the touchup paint and start over.

Great videos. :2thumbs: I've found that it helps to come back with another layer of touch up paint (or two) after it dries a bit and shrinks up. Otherwise, I could still see the dimples in the paint. It's a good system but like anything else, it does take some practice. Like you said though, if you screw it up, use the blob eliminator to get rid of the touchup paint and start over.

Thanks! I do the process 2-3 times on larger chips, that will get the chips to 99% corrected.

Just an FYI, those brushes can be picked up at your local hobby shop. Model builders use them. Your kit will last a little longer. I have never used this kit, but I reconized the brushes.

Are they any cheaper at the hobby store? Langka sells em for 8.95 for 25 sticks.

• 4 months later...