Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dying To Detail

8rad

Question

I did try at 5000, I tried lower also because I watched your slow cut video hoping it would correct the paint issue I`m having.

All the big swirls are out of the paint. I'm left with very very very small swirls caused by the pc. I need to get really close to even see them, make the paint almost cloudy.

So why didn't you follow SHR with FMP? That is what gets rid of the damage created by SHR.

If you think SHR beats up the paint, you are in for a world of hurt when you see what M105 is going to do to your paint.

So why didn't you follow SHR with FMP? That is what gets rid of the damage created by SHR.

If you think SHR beats up the paint, you are in for a world of hurt when you see what M105 is going to do to your paint.

I did follow with SHR & FMP :confused:

Read my post above please.

I wish I did have a video cam so I can make a vid of my technique , I only have a cell phone cam. Want me to? its a 3.0 mp one so it might be alright, you wont be able to see the very fine swirls I see though.

Should I follow with SHR and FMP on a white and black at 5000 :confused:

Ive tried FMP on a white at 5000 already but its not getting them out.

8rad- i can understand some of your frustration... Technique does make all the difference, and some cars put up a heck of a challenge. It took me quite a while to get the results I wanted on my darrk blue corvette, yet my red audi looked amazing after just one full machine detail.

Adams products are designed for the hobbyist/enthusiasts and are designed to be safe for everyone to use -- and it is precisely that reason that most pros don't use Adams for paint correction... They're not as aggressive (and hence potently damaging) as stuff that well trained and experienced (and likely insured!) commeral users. Also keep in mind that there are going to be some paint scratches that any prosumer level product just Isnt going to correct -- if you're facing something like that, please don't be frustrated... Adams provides great results for the typical damage seen on real world cars, but restoring some paint finishes to a literal show-car, under the microscope perfection may be asking for a miracle. :2thumbs:

As you can see on this forum there are tons of people getting great results and thorhougly enjoying Adams products, so its clear that they work. The great thing about the market is that there are lots of other products out there, and we will certainly understand if you want to try some other, more aggressive lines. I think its clear that our sales team and both our paid and volunteer details have sincerely tried to help you get the best results; I hope that we can all (and I mean the junkman, too :jester:) keep this discussion friendly and helpful.

Finally, your profile doesnt say where you are, but iif possible try to get yourself to an adams detail clinic sometime so you can see the products in action and ask questions firsthand. An adams demo pro will also be happy to look at and even take a shot at your car himself if you can bring it to the event. :2thumbs:

8RAD, I know this can be frustrating but I told you before you started that you need patience. It takes MANY hours to correct the paint on a car.

I can spend 3-4 hours on a door correcting the paint.

You don't switch to white and FMP until you've gotten all the scratches out with the orange and SHR. The white and FMP basically takes the nearly flawless finish you created with the orange and brings it to perfection.

Chris

Sorry for your frustration Brad. While I believe the Junkman's videos are excellent, have you tried my technique? Please watch the DVD that came with your package, Chapter 14, and give that a try. (Push hard enough to slow the PC, setting 6, Yellow pad, followed by the orange pad, same method, both with our Swirl & Haze Remover.)

It's important to know, some finishes have enough damage to require color-sanding and high speed buffing. That's just the fact of clear-coat damage, and we are not a body-shop product line! For example, we did a clinic in PA a few weeks ago, and the Corvette we used had severe acid rain etchings in the paint, and had looked to have been washed with a firm bristle brush.

I tried, but could not achieve a perfect finish, as it was too far gone. In that instance, wet-sanding and high speed buffing was required to achieve an excellent finish.

As you read here, you won't see many people with complaints, nor do you read many people touting other products over ours. We have over 33,000 customers, and complaints such as yours are uncommon. I would suggest the technique used thus far need tweaking, or the finish you are working on is damaged beyond the capabilities of our safe, user-friendly products.

Please feel free to contact me personally to get the advice you need to achieve a perfect finish.

Adam@AdamsPolishes.com (303) 718-9480 / Cell Shoot me a text if you like, and I will call you back immediately on my dime, since you are in Canada.

In the future, before posting negativity here, I suggest you contact us so that we can walk you through the process, and help you achieve the results you are looking for.

Remember, we offer the industry's only 110% unconditional guarantee, and have issued less than a dozen refunds in the history of our business.

If you would like us to help you get a perfect finish, please contact us. If you would like you purchase refunded, please carefully box and send your kit back to:

Adam's Polishes

4820 Sterling Drive

Boulder, CO 80301

I will personally issue you a 110% refund the moment the products arrive. Thanks Brad, and please give us a chance to help you achieve a perfect finish before posting rants in the future.

Sincerely,

Adam

I saw the corvette Adam is referring to. It was in rough shape. :willy: I also agree that the process can take time. I have spent hours on certain panels. Another thing to think about is that the "scratches" you are seeing are the original ones that have not been fully removed. Using the PC follows the law of diminishing returns, by this I mean each additional pass is gong to net you a lower additional benefit. If the first pass got 85% of the swirls/scratches out, the second may only get an additional 5, the third an additional 3 the fourth maybe 1 and so on. This is because the scratches you can still see are deeper and more needs to be removed in order to level them out. I know it can be frustrating because we all sit here, show you are great results and, make it sound like we only spent a Saturday working on the car. I ran into this when I did my G8 for the first time. The dealer hit it with a rotary before I picked the car up. They did put holograms on some portions of the car. I only had a few light swirls (from my own doing before I discovered the proper techniques to wash a car) that needed to be removed. They all came out fairly easily. I still spent around 12-15 hours just polishing the car. However that was one example. A few weeks ago my uncle asked me to take a look at his durango. It is a 2000 with 150XXX miles and some horrible paint. He wanted me to try and make it look new. I spent an hour on a one foot by one foot area and still could see imperfections. The process time. It can get results however some imperfections are above what the PC can do. One thing to look at is how much better your paint looks now as opposed to before. You said a lot of things came out. That is proof that it can be done. I would find one spot on the paint where you see the scratches. Tape off a one foot by one foot section in this area and work it until it is perfect. It make take hours upon hours. Once you know how long this will take project this to the whole car and decide if you want a perfect car. My car is what I call a two foot car. It looks perfect from two feet away. Some panels look perfect up close. However being a daily driver I would kill myself if I tryed to keep it perfect. One more piece of advice make sure there is no dust or dirt in your pads, towels, or on your paint. Any contaminants on any of your tools or the surface can cause scratches. In this case since your tools are dirty you will never get the results you are looking for.

Brad -

Patience man... you'll need a lot of it, especially your first time out of the gate. I spend the bulk of my days coaching people thru the ins & outs, ups & downs, highs & lows of this process. The number one mistake people make when first breaking into machine polishing is assuming they'll be experts on their first try.

I'm currently coming up on my 14th year of detailing at a high level, Adam and Junkman have DECADES of experience (because they're both old old old men :jester: ) To assume you'll be able to achieve 100% perfection right out of the box is a bit presumptuous and a tad insulting to those of us who've been doing this awhile - if everyone could get perfect results on their first try you wouldn't need the combined experience of everyone on our team... we'd sell you the kit and tell you not to let the door hit you on the way out. I generally coach people to shoot for 85-90% perfect on their first attempt. Thats reasonable level that even the most green of novices can achieve without refining their technique too much.

There is a learning curve, over time you'll get better, learn tricks and even little intricacies that you generally won't pick up in a video or a tutorial.

I noticed you said you were an engineer... your frustration doesn't surprise me. I have friends who share your trade and they also look at the world in a very black and white/on&off/Point A to Point B type of way... but machine polishing is more art than science so don't look at it so much as paint by numbers. Practice, analyze, and adapt your approach.

I'm not promising you perfection on your car, nor would I suggest you aim that high unless the car is a garage queen/show car as its unrealistic to maintain that level, but near perfection is possible given a reasonable starting point and the right technique with some patience.

Lastly, like others have said - don't come on the forum and blast us simply due to your frustration. I had to remove your other thread where you posted your chat log with Ashley. This forum is a pretty forgiving place as you can tell we're giving you all the chances in the world, but so far your track record has included an pretty rude exchange with our customer service rep, that you then unprofessionally posted here, and now this thread to basically blast the products.

Not cool my man... not cool at all. We're all willing to help you get the right results, but you have to work with us too. So far you've requested we ship the product AND issue you a refund, and now you've hammered the products/company after your first attempt wasn't perfect. Seems to me that maybe you should take a deep breath, relax, and let us try to help you before starting any new negative threads.

Then explain why I can achieve the results that I achieve using these products? I am not working on the same car, I touch every kind of car out there. Have you looked at every thread I posted in? I see car from all over the country, make and model. If the products didn't work, I wouldn't be traveling all over the USA showing people how to do this.

With the accusations you are making in this thread, you are basically saying that the product doesn't work regardless of the paint on any car. Anyone reading this knows that is not true. You haven't posted any videos showing us your technique. Would you like to do so?

Brad -

Patience man... you'll need a lot of it......

I saw the corvette Adam is referring to. It was in rough shape. :willy: I also agree that the process can take time.

Sorry for your frustration Brad. While I believe the Junkman's videos are excellent, have you tried my technique?

8RAD, I know this can be frustrating but I told you before you started that you need patience. It takes MANY hours to correct the paint on a car.

8rad- i can understand some of your frustration... Technique does make all the difference, and some cars put up a heck of a challenge.

Hey thanks guys.

I take what I said back about Adams products, I was just skeptical at first, I love my cars and the paint on my cars. I just had a rough first start with getting into using adams products.

I redid my whole car with all adams products, its been sorta sunny here all week and my car is shining insane, I also did my dash, tires and engine bay with the apc and its the best stuff I have ever used.

My paint is almost flawless, accept some swirls I missed that need a little more attention. I also have very very very fine small swirls on my hood caused from removing the deeper larger swirls with the yellow and orange pads. I'm pretty sure I have to use more shr or fmp on a white and black pads to get those very fine small swirls out to make it perfect it and 100% flawless?

BTW even the claybar is soooo nice lol, I just received it in the mail yesterday.

That glass cleaner and glass polish works awesome to, I polished my glass desk, car windows, laptop monitor, pc monitor and sunglasses.

You guys are right, it takes alot time and patience. I'm not gonna achieve perfect results my first time on my paint.

I love Adams products and I'm officially addicted. :)

Hey thanks guys.

I take what I said back about Adams products, I was just skeptical at first, I love my cars and the paint on my cars. I just had a rough first start with getting into using adams products.

I redid my whole car with all adams products, its been sorta sunny here all week and my car is shining insane, I also did my dash, tires and engine bay with the apc and its the best stuff I have ever used.

My paint is almost flawless, accept some swirls I missed that need a little more attention. I also have very very very fine small swirls on my hood caused from removing the deeper larger swirls with the yellow and orange pads. I'm pretty sure I have to use more shr or fmp on a white and black pads to get those very fine small swirls out to make it perfect it and 100% flawless?

BTW even the claybar is soooo nice lol, I just received it in the mail yesterday.

That glass cleaner and glass polish works awesome to, I polished my glass desk, car windows, laptop monitor, pc monitor and sunglasses.

You guys are right, it takes alot time and patience. I'm not gonna achieve perfect results my first time on my paint.

:bravo:

Hey thanks guys.

GREAT! DO NOT use the gray pad with anything but wax though. It has pretty much ZERO cutting skills. I'd say orange or white depending on the severity. I use orange until I see NO marks with my eyes and halogens and then move to the white to make it all POP! A flash picture after SHR will reveal hazing but the white and FMP will remove it and make it POP!

Gluck

Chris

Thanks, I will soon as I get the kit and detail my ride.

Shipping sure takes long. I paid $50 Canadian for the shipping. I ordered the kit on Saturday, its now Thursday.

I hope it's here tomorrow. :xfingers:

I ordered car parts from Ohio Monday night and it's here already....

Archived