Customer Service 866.965.0400

Reviving the Revive thread

KrisPKreme

Question

See what I did there? I used revive and reviv...oh never mind. Anyhow, I just ordered my Revive for the first time and I have read the other threads. I still dont really know where it fits in my routine. I pc so do I use it before msw, after msw or in place of? Or, do I pc shr, msw and then revive by hand?

15 answers to this question

Revive is a polish. Therefore, you would use it after SHR and before MSW. Most people who use the PC, use FMP, and those that do it by hand use Revive. You could also use FMP followed by Revive. Basically, you would do it in the following order:

SHR

FMP or Revive (if using both, FMP followed by Revive)

Protect with MSW, Buttery, or Americana

Revive is a polish. Therefore, you would use it after SHR and before MSW. Most people who use the PC, use FMP, and those that do it by hand use Revive. You could also use FMP followed by Revive. Basically, you would do it in the following order:

SHR

:iagree: But I either use Revive or FMP not both.IMHO!!

SHR

:iagree: Yes, Revive if used should be the last polish before the wax. It has a little extra ~something that I like on black paint.

:iagree: Yes, Revive if used should be the last polish before the wax. It has a little extra ~something that I like on black paint.

That would probably be the very minor amount of fillers it has in it. Plus it's a good cleaner.

I will be using it on my car after the SHR and FMP. I'll use either a white or gray pad to put it on. It'll be a quick and easy process.

Chris

That would probably be the very minor amount of fillers it has in it. Plus it's a good cleaner.

I will be using it on my car after the SHR and FMP. I'll use either a white or gray pad to put it on. It'll be a quick and easy process.

Chris

It seems to make the black a little darker somehow. After FMP, I realize it is a bit of 'gilding the lily' but I thought I'd give it a try. Even without putting it on with a white pad, but doing by hand, you can see the improvement after the Revive. (smells great too). :)

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1616

This thread is older, but in post #8 Adam goes over the process:

The Revive Polish is more of a paint cleaner, removes old wax, oxidation, and leaves the paint nice and clean.

I'm not sure the Revive would do anything better for your finish after the FMP, rather, I'd do this if you are looking to add a step, or use up some goods in search of the ultimate shine! :D

1. Clay
  2. Swirl & Haze (if needed, Orange Pad5-6K Opm's)
  3. Revive Polish (White pad, which will get stained, 5K Opm's)
  4. Fine Machine Polish (White Pad again, 5-6K Opm's)
  5. Machine SuperWax, or Buttery Wax if not driven in the weather, stored outdoors, etc.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1616

This thread is older, but in post #8 Adam goes over the process:

When you put Revive on with the white pad, how long do you leave it on and can you reuse the white pad with the FMP or does the pad need to be cleaned first? Also if I am machine polishing can I put Revive on be hand?

Revive is pretty fast on and off. It doesn't require time to set up or haze over (Like BSG), and from what I can see, it does the work as you are applying it onto the finish - it's more of a cleaner than a polish.

I have a 2nd white pad for Revive, so I don't know if there would be any issue with following a whitepad/revive application with FMP application using the same pad.

But you can apply Revive by hand in the middle of a machine polishing process, no problem there. :)

Archived