Customer Service 866.965.0400

Doing A Few Panels At A Time

DP 08 GXP

Question

well tomorrow my flex will be coming in so im pretty excited to use it. with my schedule of working 3 12's on then 3 days off i would only be able to work on it the days im off. i also have my son those days so i would only be able to work on it while he is takin his nap. my question is can i just do a few panels each time i get to work on it? plans are to clean up the panel, clay, SHR, FMP, and APW.

5 answers to this question

my son takes about 2 hour naps so i figured i could get 2 panels done in that time. trust me i know how long it takes if you remember that black grand prix i posted pics of on here which took about 10 hours just on the paint :willy:...i was thinkin of doin 2 coats since i dont wanna wait the 24 hours for the MSW to cure since time is an issue.

my son takes about 2 hour naps so i figured i could get 2 panels done in that time. trust me i know how long it takes if you remember that black grand prix i posted pics of on here which took about 10 hours just on the paint :willy:...i was thinkin of doin 2 coats since i dont wanna wait the 24 hours for the MSW to cure since time is an issue.

Yeah so I've NEVER waited 24 or even 12 hours for it to cure. I drive it! When I wash it next time I worry about it. If you were going to a car show I could see waiting but not for a DD. Just my .02¢

I spent 2 hours on one door on my car and it was by NO MEANS bad. I'm a perfectionist though and have 3 halogen lights angled off to the side so I can spot all the blemishes. Oh and that was just SHR. I still have FMP and wax to do... :loser:

Chris

Archived