Customer Service 866.965.0400

buttey 6 pack vs 1 Americana paste wax

Reflections

Question

So i realize that americana is most likely way better but relatively speaking does the buttey wax 6 pack give you more waxing usage then the americana? I see that the americana is pretty close to half the price. I would think that if the americana even gives you half the amount of waxes its a better deal. Just was wondering. Thanks!

20 answers to this question

what is the shelf life of Americana? i have a feeling one can will last when i buy my unborn child's first car! and my fiance doesn't want kids for at least 5 years, so were talking 20 years from now when i finally see a dent in my can!!!!

I have 3 coats of Americana on the Vette. Today put on Revive followed by the Buttery wax. Somehow the Buttery just doesn't seem the same after using the Americana. However, used Buttery today as it can be applied in direct sunlight and is easier to apply. Thought about topping the Buttery with the brilliant spray glaze. Wasn't sure if that would be good to do or not......has anyone done this?

We are going from Oakland to L A tomorrow on Hwy 1 (along coast). Will likely put the Glaze on when return. Should be a nice ride :banana::banana:

Buttery and BSG are a great combo IMO. I do it often.

Something to consider is the shelf life. Buttery wax shelf life is about 1 to 2 years, so if you buy 6 bottles, will you use it all in 2 years? Personally I think you should buy one buttery wax and one Americana wax, try them both and see which one you like better then go with it. :2thumbs:

I have 3 coats of Americana on the Vette. Today put on Revive followed by the Buttery wax. Somehow the Buttery just doesn't seem the same after using the Americana. However, used Buttery today as it can be applied in direct sunlight and is easier to apply. Thought about topping the Buttery with the brilliant spray glaze. Wasn't sure if that would be good to do or not......has anyone done this?

We are going from Oakland to L A tomorrow on Hwy 1 (along coast). Will likely put the Glaze on when return. Should be a nice ride :banana::banana:

Well i appreciate all of the input guys. I will most likely end up buying the Americana in a month when i wax my car again or sooner if a special becomes available.

Happy Detailing!:pc:

P.s. I have recently gotten another brands paste wax(before buying adams products and i swore to myself that i would never buy anything but paste wax again. I did however enjoy the MSW a lot when applying with the PC.

Go with americana. I have put about 10 coats on my G8, (not all at once just over the life of the can.) I have yet to see a dent in my can. It is still almost full. The shine is amazing, and it lasts a long time. I have never found out how long it lasts as I usually clay and wax my car at least every other month. I get bored.

Americana is the only product that I don't own from the Adam's line, my truck is my daily driver and thought it would be smarter to go with MSW. I think americana would be a better choice if you are comparing it to buttery wax. Just my $0.02

Well there's more to it than that. I've never taken 6 bottles and compared them to 1 container of Americana of course, but remember Americana probably lasts twice as long and gives you amazing depth to your paint. Both are easy on easy off IMO so I'd always go Americana. I will say that one jar of Americana goes a LONG way.

Chris

Archived