Customer Service 866.965.0400

Paint removal on Interior?

Dr Jkel

Question

How do you remove paint from leather interior? I had some up side down marking paint get sprayed on the back of my seat and the leather cleaner will not take it off, It is PINK and MUST come off, so how do you get it off? Thanks John

12 answers to this question

Ok... well more drastic measures are going to be needed... I'm not surprised the leather & interior cleaner didn't put a dent in it. Thats some very sturdy paint.

First I suggest a diluted mixture of isopropyl alcohol and water... start at 50/50 and step it up if you must... use caution, this is going to dry the leather out so use sparingly and stop if you notice any color coming up from the leather. Follow IMMEDIATELY with gobs of conditioner.

If that doesn't do the trick you may try the magic eraser as mentioned, but also be careful here. It will abrade the surface and thats not good for it. Again, pay attention... if color starts to come up from the leather stop.

So did you find a good boarding school to send your son to or did CPS get alerted before you strangled him? :jester:

Thanks Dylan, I will try that method. No I didn't kill him, he just wasn't paying attention. I think he was harder on himself than I could be. Now if that had been my Camaro all I would have heard is " Will the Defendant please rise"

Archived