Customer Service 866.965.0400

substite for foam gun

Crooz1n

Question

Ok we all know its kinda hard to find a foam gun right now and they are kind of expensive for what they are.

I decided to try an alternative and I think it works pretty well. I bought a Miracle Gro garden sprayer for about 10 bucks. I dont have a foam gun to compare it to but it put a pretty nice coating of suds on the car.

And as a bonus you get a container full of miracle grow to put on the flowers around the house as well.

I had a second cup from an older sprayer that I filled mostly with clean rocks so I didn't have to fill it all the way up with wash concentrate.

If anyone has both the Gilmore and a miracle grow sprayer Id like to hear about a comparison test.

Edited by Crooz1n

• Answers 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

yea got mine at wally world for about 9 or 10 bucks and was really pleased with the way it worked did a really good job with the foam. I've watched alot of video

on the foam gun and results seem real close to the real thing.

I just used my foam gun for the first time yesterday and I can honestly say it made a world of difference!

It was like $65 which I think is ridiculous for what it is but, you gotta pay to play and in this case it was worth it!

Ok we all know its kinda hard to find a foam gun right now and they are kind of expensive for what they are.

I decided to try an alternative and I think it works pretty well. I bought a Miracle Gro garden sprayer for about 10 bucks. I dont have a foam gun to compare it to but it put a pretty nice coating of suds on the car.

And as a bonus you get a container full of miracle grow to put on the flowers around the house as well.

I had a second cup from an older sprayer that I filled mostly with clean rocks so I didn't have to fill it all the way up with wash concentrate.

If anyone has both the Gilmore and a miracle grow sprayer Id like to hear about a comparison test.

And as a bonus, the car now is 30% greener! :lol:

Anyhow, with foam guns in short supply glad you found a work around.

Bruce

Just make sure you never use it for garden chemicals. They will mess up your paint. There are sprayers in the garden dept that dont fill the jug like the miracle grow sprayers do. Those are made for powder. I have one that is adjustable from Home Depot but I have used it for its intended purpose so no way will it be pointed at my car. I think it would work better though.

i just got a foam master2 on amazon and had considered going the other route for a while and I am VERY glad i didnt. there is a HUGE differance in what i get for foam vs what i am seeing on your vid. and mine was only 32 shipped!

That works pretty good for only 10 bucks! Not to mention some free miracle grow, :cheers: What concentration was your soap? Full strength?

For ten bucks I would do that that seems good enough for me..

I'm not to sure about this. The soap mode on my electric pressure washer layed down more soap. No where as much as my foam gun though.