Customer Service 866.965.0400

substite for foam gun

Crooz1n

Question

Ok we all know its kinda hard to find a foam gun right now and they are kind of expensive for what they are.

I decided to try an alternative and I think it works pretty well. I bought a Miracle Gro garden sprayer for about 10 bucks. I dont have a foam gun to compare it to but it put a pretty nice coating of suds on the car.

And as a bonus you get a container full of miracle grow to put on the flowers around the house as well.

I had a second cup from an older sprayer that I filled mostly with clean rocks so I didn't have to fill it all the way up with wash concentrate.

If anyone has both the Gilmore and a miracle grow sprayer Id like to hear about a comparison test.

• Answers 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use this and it lays out a pretty good layer of foam...its no foam gun, but I gotta use what I got for now.

92526?$detail$

This is similar to what I use! I can get three car washes with a cartrige of soap. I've said it before.....real foam guns are great at using a horrendous amount of product and I don't see the purpose of wasting product like that. This tool gets the job done, covering the car with a soap film. That is all you really need. Foam guns are for shock and awe!:lolsmack:

... real foam guns are great at using a horrendous amount of product and I don't see the purpose of wasting product like that.

Real foam guns do not waste a lot of product. You add 2 ounces of Car Wash to 1 quart of water and that creates mad amounts of foam. You need as much lubrication as possible so that the dirt that is matted to the clear coat will have enough lubrication to not only raise it up off the clear coat but also make it safe to remove. That is "swirl avoidance 101". During the wash process, this is when the most amount of the swirls are produced. Understanding this is key to avoiding a destructive wash technique.

Here's the difference between the on Dylan took apart and mine. The nozzle is the same, so no need to repost that picture. The orange handle is stamped Made in USA.

No where can I find that 5 letter word --- china.

Mine looks the same. I got mine about two years ago though.

You need to go have a talkin to Adam about this product that we all NEEED so much that he is not offering to his die hards on the forums... I got a full rack of ribs waiting for you if you can get him to release it by Friday or just send me a demo unit :2thumbs:.. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

or by Labor Day! for a sale!:bow:

... Lemme tell ya, that thing lays down some serious foam in short order. 30 seconds and the car looks like a birthday cake.

Very good description of the foam cannon's aftermath, lol!

Mixing soapy water with matted dirt results in the matted dirt becoming lucid again. You don't need any special soap for that. It's just like adding liquid to dried bird poop. What happens? The bird poop becomes liquid again. You don't need Bill Nye the Science Guy for that one. ;)

That PA plant was the one that was closed... there are some of the guns made there still floating around, but all the Gilmour guns use the same trigger sprayer so anything produced after that plant closed is chinese. Thats not to say there isn't old inventory of USA made ones out there... just hard to tell where it is.

Annoys me to no end they cover that MADE IN CHINA spot on the newer ones with a MADE IN THE USA plastic... I wonder what the technical loophole is that allows for that?

I have a adams foam gun it works great.wife says it looks im foaming a runway for a crash landing of a plane, very little product used and a lot of foam comes out.the only way i wash the corvette when its really dirty.

I have a Adams Foam Gun and use it every weekend and it is great. Makes washing my Black car in the hot TEXAS sun so easy. If the Adams Car Shampoo dries no big deal, take your time to wash your car and then rinse it off even if it is dry. The Car Shampoo is PH neutral so it is ok if it dries while you are washing. The proof shows in the picture of my car.:burnout:

I just used my foam gun for the first time yesterday and I can honestly say it made a world of difference!

It was like $65 which I think is ridiculous for what it is but, you gotta pay to play and in this case it was worth it!

Not sure where the idea that 'pre-soaking' did anything to break up dirt and grime. Our soap is not an 'active' cleaner... its not effervescent... its not 'lifting' dirt from the surface... its not performing any action on its own.

Ok, so what soap should I use?

So, your saying it's better to get a foam type product to use with a foam gun? Not a car shampoo?

I'm at a loss now. :confused:

In a sense spraying a foam works to break up dirt and grime.

I just got mine and I can wait for my first wash with it. I thought I could wait but for Adam's but it just seamed to far away. I will get Adam's also when it comes out and gift this one I just got to a family member.

A while back I purchased a foam gun from another place, before Adam's came out with one. Anyway, I can't use it where I live because of the strict rules against water run off. I explained to them that Adam's Car Shampoo is 100% safe but they didn't care. Rules are Rules they say. Well, I just take my truck to a frinds house down the road, out of the juristriction of the CC&R's, and do both of our trucks. Of course, the "CC&R COP" lives right across the street from my friend and it just drives him crazy having to watch us and can't do anything about it...

Archived