Customer Service 866.965.0400

substite for foam gun

Crooz1n

Question

Ok we all know its kinda hard to find a foam gun right now and they are kind of expensive for what they are.

I decided to try an alternative and I think it works pretty well. I bought a Miracle Gro garden sprayer for about 10 bucks. I dont have a foam gun to compare it to but it put a pretty nice coating of suds on the car.

And as a bonus you get a container full of miracle grow to put on the flowers around the house as well.

I had a second cup from an older sprayer that I filled mostly with clean rocks so I didn't have to fill it all the way up with wash concentrate.

If anyone has both the Gilmore and a miracle grow sprayer Id like to hear about a comparison test.

• Answers 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...you guys talked me into it! And Junkman, if this foam gun aint the ticket, I'm gonna hunt you down, steal your steak, your junkettes and as a final touch I'm gonna rub my hand down the side of your vette when it's dirty.:lol:

Forgive me brethren for I have sinned against man, humanity, Junkman and Adam's. I broke down and bought a Gilmour Foam Gun from Amazon, 75QGFMR and when I got it, I noticed the MADE IN CHINA blazenly stenciled on the brass fitting. I just could not force myself to accept this and when I read the instructions, it had huge LEAD WARNING labels all over it. I know it is not a big deal and most likely I won't be sucking on the end of it for a drink, but it bothers me that none of this lead warning stuff or "Made In China" was mentioned in the product description. I understand that our government is going to demand that all brass used in plumbing fixtures be lead-free in the future. I am sending back this Chinese item and I'll wait for Adam to come out with his American made foam gun. :patriot: Hopefully soon! In the mean time, I guess I'll have to keep using my cheap six-dollar foam toy.

Forgive me brethren for I have sinned against man, humanity, Junkman and Adam's. I broke down and bought a Gilmour Foam Gun from Amazon, 75QGFMR and when I got it, I noticed the MADE IN CHINA blazenly stenciled on the brass fitting. I just could not force myself to accept this and when I read the instructions, it had huge LEAD WARNING labels all over it. I know it is not a big deal and most likely I won't be sucking on the end of it for a drink, but it bothers me that none of this lead warning stuff or "Made In China" was mentioned in the product description. I understand that our government is going to demand that all brass used in plumbing fixtures be lead-free in the future. I am sending back this Chinese item and I'll wait for Adam to come out with his American made foam gun. :patriot: Hopefully soon! In the mean time, I guess I'll have to keep using my cheap six-dollar foam toy.

:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

I know where they have one of these that was MADE IN THE USA. The problem is the money is still going to the company that making them in CHINA and not to the US citizen that made it. Plus, it's a lot more than what you paid on Amazon.

Ya, originally I checked, but noticed that recently Adam posted that he is coming out with another foam gun offering. Don't know if my car can wait, but I can wait.:help:

I'd like to see a link as well...

I really thought you were going to fill everyone in Dylan..

I was glad to hear that you guys saved this apparatus from retirement.. it was definitely what gave the inspiration for the new foam gun..

Maybe I got lucky when I bought my Gilmour foam gun a year ago. On the top of the brass fitting it's stamped 75QGF. On the orange handle, it's stamped made in USA, and yes on the instructions on the container it does say the brass contains lead.

Maybe I got lucky when I bought my Gilmour foam gun a year ago. On the top of the brass fitting it's stamped 75QGF. On the orange handle, it's stamped made in USA, and yes on the instructions on the container it does say the brass contains lead.

Depends on when you got yours. If you pull the orange cover off the handle you'll know the truth. As disgusting as it is the gun is clearly made in China, but then they stick a plastic cover over it that says Made in the USA... so misleading and an insult to people who care about domestically made products.

Mine is about 3 years old -

post-1263-136818044822_thumb.jpg

This one is the same model, just made more recently -

post-1263-136818044816_thumb.jpg

post-1263-13681804482_thumb.jpg

Depends on when you got yours. If you pull the orange cover off the handle you'll know the truth. As disgusting as it is the gun is clearly made in China, but then they stick a plastic cover over it that says Made in the USA... so misleading and an insult to people who care about domestically made products.

Mine is about 3 years old -

[ATTACH]6571[/ATTACH]

This one is the same model, just made more recently -

[ATTACH]6569[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]6570[/ATTACH]

Somehow, Pulp Fiction came to my head reading this...the part where he is all,

"SAY WHAT AGAIN!" LOLOLOLOL No idea why.

Archived