Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams emergency (car stripped of everything)

CorvZ061

Yesterday, I let my fiance' drive the vette to work, happens often, no problem. Well, I was going to wash the car this weekend to knock off the dust, but not detail or anything as I only have a little detail spray left and nothing else. I ran out last time just before finishing with the car, order going in soon, I hope.

Well, I got home and saw the car and I though my fiance washed it, nice of her to do that. But after looking at the car, I saw water marks, swirls, everything you can think of. :eek:

I then asked her what she washed it with and she told me that she brought it somewhere to have it washed. I drove over to where she had it washed to ask what they wash with, the answer was Dawn Dish detergent. :eek:

I cant be mad at her about it, She didn't know. Well, here are the pics.

DSCN5619.jpg

DSCN5628.jpg

DSCN5621.jpg

DSCN5622.jpg

DSCN5623.jpg

And my next project, after adams gets oredered:

DSCN5624.jpg

DSCN5626.jpg

and here is what's left of my adam's

DSCN5633.jpg

DANG! I bought a 69 SS right out of the Navy in 69 in LeMans blue with the white side stripes. One of the best cars I ever had. Sure wish I still had her.

Post up some pics of that beauty when she's all done! :thumbsup:

Nice Vette too! :cheers:

I guess it's time to order a gallon of DS. Do you think you will put a layer of wax on just to protect the finish until you get your DS and have time to do a detail? If you have buttery wax, it goes on and off super fast (and in the heat, too).

I guess it's time to order a gallon of DS. Do you think you will put a layer of wax on just to protect the finish until you get your DS and have time to do a detail? If you have buttery wax, it goes on and off super fast (and in the heat, too).

That's literally all the Adams product I have left. I have to wait on a paycheck to order some more. :lolsmack:

DANG! I bought a 69 SS right out of the Navy in 69 in LeMans blue with the white side stripes. One of the best cars I ever had. Sure wish I still had her.

Post up some pics of that beauty when she's all done! :thumbsup:

Nice Vette too! :cheers:

That Chevelle might be awhile, after swapping out that old 396, for an LS7 454, I'm about to get an exhaust, tag and insurance for it, I may be driving it for a little while but, 115 octane fuel is expensive around here. It may not be driven much afterall. :lolsmack: I'm thinking it might get 4-5 mpg. But good for a low 10-high 9 sec 1/4 mile with good tires. I'll def post pics for you.

That Chevelle might be awhile, after swapping out that old 396, for an LS7 454, I'm about to get an exhaust, tag and insurance for it, I may be driving it for a little while but, 115 octane fuel is expensive around here. It may not be driven much afterall. :lolsmack: I'm thinking it might get 4-5 mpg. But good for a low 10-high 9 sec 1/4 mile with good tires. I'll def post pics for you.

convert it to E85, would be cheaper and you still get your needed octane

convert it to E85, would be cheaper and you still get your needed octane

Hard to find E85 in Ga.

Edit: I found somewhere relatively close, now to research whats involved with the swap

Archived