Customer Service 866.965.0400

Argh!!! Shopping Cart!

Sooners

Less than 24 hours after picking up my BMW, I come out of the store (parked away from all the other cars) and find a shopping cart facing head on with the bumper right up against it. I go and pull it back, and I'm left with the beautiful bit of damage shown below.:mad:

I was sick to my stomach. Fortunately, I already had an appointment to bring the car back to the dealer to have some paint chips touched up, and the lip of the front bumper refinished where the previous owner ran up on the curb way too many times. The dealer said they would take care of this as well since they were already going to fix the other items.

It just makes me so mad that people can be so inconsiderate and too lazy to put their shopping carts up.

Thats not good. :help:

I had a shopping cart cruise across the parking lot doing about 50 mph from the wind and hit my driver's side door once. I was parked as far out as I could have been. The cart picked up speed as it was going!! :willy::willy:

:mad: Bummer!! I really feel for you man.

A couple years ago I stopped a fast rolling cart heading for a new black Vette.That guy will never know how close here came from getting his Vette dinged up. Hopefully I will get paid back sometime.;)

I guess this would be another parking tip to give out. Always park at the back of the parking lot on the up hill side if there is one. Sorry to hear about the damage.

Yeah, I didn't even think about that. That's a good tip. The wind was blowing pretty hard, and I was parked slightly downhill. The cart was from a store next to the one I was in, so I'm sure it was moving pretty fast when it hit. Hopefully the dealer's paint guy will do a good job on it.

There is no safe place in any parking lot. Jealous people damage nice cars. There was A post on the Sky forum about a cut top and he leaves it unlocked with nothing inside so they wont cut the top. I parked way out in A lot with my truck and trailer and some dummy parked so close I could not open my door to get in. Why did they need to park there in A mostly empty lot?

There is no safe place in any parking lot. Jealous people damage nice cars. There was A post on the Sky forum about a cut top and he leaves it unlocked with nothing inside so they wont cut the top. I parked way out in A lot with my truck and trailer and some dummy parked so close I could not open my door to get in. Why did they need to park there in A mostly empty lot?

Probably because they saw you made an effort to park out by yourself, so they decided to be a jerk and park next to you. I see people do this all the time. Drives me nuts!

Archived