Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leaving Shampoo in the Foam Gun

Jump1979man

Question

Yesterday I finally used the foam gun for the first time.......its got a huge shampoo holder so I poured a whole 16 oz. bottle of Adams in it.

Needless to say I didnt need all that..LOL!

So my question is......

Will it hurt anything to just leave it in there till the next wash? What if the next wash is a few weeks out?

Anyone have any experience with this as I would hate to gum up this brand new hard to find foam gun.

13 answers to this question

I found this quote at the site where I ordered mine from,

After each use, rinse the nozzle and foaming mechanism with clean water to remove any soap residue. This will prevent soapy build-up inside the nozzle and on the brass mechanisms

Not sure if you can clean the nozzle with the container off as mine is still on its way.....LOL

I have left soap in mine many times and so far no problems with it. Like most things you should empty and clean, but to leave the soap in there occasionally isn't a big deal.

I need to get another bottle that holds the diluted soap so I can pour it out of the sprayer. I'll probably use my old soap gallon to make a large 50/50 mix for the foam gun.

I store my mixed foam gun wash solution in a couple of my old spray bottles and use that as needed for small wash jobs on the finish or wheels... Then when I need it, I just pour out bottles into the foam gun container and I am ready wash the car.

That was my thinking when I made my first post Frank, but mine arrived yesterday (does a little happy dance off screen) and it allows you to flush the nozzle, so I guess shampoo in the container it is.

Speaking of shampoo... I've thought about using the gun to wash my dogs. I actually think I am going to use it next time. I have a Golden Retriever and I have to use 10 times more soap than is needed because it soaks into his hair so much. I think with the foaming gun it'll make life much easier.

Oh and I've been known to leave product in mine. I think it has some in it now actually.

No issues yet.

Chris

Speaking of shampoo... I've thought about using the gun to wash my dogs. I actually think I am going to use it next time. I have a Golden Retriever and I have to use 10 times more soap than is needed because it soaks into his hair so much. I think with the foaming gun it'll make life much easier.

Oh and I've been known to leave product in mine. I think it has some in it now actually.

No issues yet.

Chris

Just don't fall into old habits and dry him off with DS! :lol:

Archived