Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problem with Adam's Carpet cleaner?

krinksta

Question

I bought Adams Carpet cleaner and since using it on my Subaru Impreza's black carpet it dries to a white haze. It looks like crap and I dont know why it does this. It almost looks like someone threw some salt water onto the carpet and the water dried but left the salt. Could this be due to the fact that it is salt based, or so I have heard. Thanks

20 answers to this question

:iagree: Yep, right on the label. Which was pointed out to me when I asked the same question. Use, blot with a damp cloth and let dry.

Meanwhile, I was never a fan of vacuum induced stripes in my carpet or upholstery, I try and brush the nap all one direction.

Bruce

:iagree:

:iagree: Yep, right on the label. Which was pointed out to me when I asked the same question. Use, blot with a damp cloth and let dry.

Meanwhile, I was never a fan of vacuum induced stripes in my carpet or upholstery, I try and brush the nap all one direction.

Bruce

Getting back to the original problem...I've had some fabrics become white after using the Carpet Cleaner, but if you dampen a towel with warm water and blot the area, it disappears. I haven't had it happen enough to recognize any patterns in order to determine which factors cause it, but it's easily rectifiable

There you go. You have to rinse! And since most fabrics can't be soaked, wetting a micro and running it over the fabric works just fine.

Getting back to the original problem...I've had some fabrics become white after using the Carpet Cleaner, but if you dampen a towel with warm water and blot the area, it disappears. I haven't had it happen enough to recognize any patterns in order to determine which factors cause it, but it's easily rectifiable

I think your car turned out great. :2thumbs:

How is the carpet looking?? Did you try cleaning it again?

I have never had a problem with the Carpet Cleaner in my car and my interior is charcoal gray. It is one of my favorite products and it works fantastic on my carpets in my house.

Thanks. And I like the Profile pick of RUSH!!!! Hopefully I will be going to see them at Summerfest.

Their new CD will be out next year and I believe one more tour and that may be it for them. Neil had said in an interview that he did not want to tour after turning 60.

I got my tix for PNC Bank Arts Center, Sec 101!

Nice stripes in the seat! I had seen Adam do that in the video also.

Steve

Thanks. And I like the Profile pick of RUSH!!!! Hopefully I will be going to see them at Summerfest.

It did help a great amount. Still a little left but I will try to get it another day. Here are some pics of my first detail with Adam's Products.

Nice stripes in the seat! I had seen Adam do that in the video also.

Steve

Did you try rinsing and letting it dry then vacuum? Or it could be that the Carpet cleaner simply brought all the embedded salt to the surface. You may have to repeat several times to get it all out. But try using a fairly wet rag and wipe rinse it, then let it dry and vacuum. Let us know if that helps.

:iagree: How much did you use?

Not used it yet myself (have some on the way), but thought I had was making sure it was shaken up really well?????? Just guessing as might not make any difference.

Oh, and I'm with you, I thought I just watched a video where Adam is cleaning some floor mats and saying that the cleaner is salt based. Of course, I think that the Adam videos might be fairly old so may have changed since then.

Cheers

Did you try rinsing and letting it dry then vacuum? Or it could be that the Carpet cleaner simply brought all the embedded salt to the surface. You may have to repeat several times to get it all out. But try using a fairly wet rag and wipe rinse it, then let it dry and vacuum. Let us know if that helps.

I have never had it dry white. I think your problem could be road salt being brought up to the surface. My floor mats look like carp after a week in Wisconsin winters. If salt was ground down into the carpet the cleaner may be bringing it back to the surface. I would clean them a few more times. Keep scrubbing until the towel you are using comes up clean. Also get some cheap terry towels for using Carpet cleaner these work well and you can throw them out when done. You do not get your microfiber dirty this way. Welcome to the forum as well. What part of Wisconsin are you from?

Archived