Customer Service 866.965.0400

Debadged the wife's Prius

Today's task was taking the badges off my wife's black Prius. She thought I was nuts, of course, but did agree afterwards that it looks better.

and the great thing is now i can drive it around and no one will know I'm in a Prius!!! :loser:

IMGP1310.jpg

IMGP1319.jpg

I tried updating the vette for a few more mpg, but she just shook the badge right off. :thumbsup:

IMGP1313.jpg

good thing you took that hitch off to

Yes, that's what actually got me started on the car today (hence all the tools in the pics) :cheers:

Looks good. I have some bad news though. Everyone will still know is is a Prius. They are impossible to miss. :lolsmack::lolsmack:

Yea, so true... And around here it seems like every tenth car you see is a Prius. But now ours is just a little, teeny bit cooler than all the rest. :D

Looks good. I have some bad news though. Everyone will still know is is a Prius. They are impossible to miss. :lolsmack::lolsmack:

They're always behind me... :lolsmack: I never see the badges... :D

They will still know its A Prius and still laugh at you. Did you know the extra carbon foot print to make one exceeds the lifetime carbon foot print of A big block Suburban? Its true!

Well, I've heard both sides of that argument and each side takes some pretty big liberties with what they use as "facts". But it doesn't really matter to us -- we didn't buy if for any tree hugger reasons; we saw it as a good clean used car that cost about $10K and gets an honest 45mpg overall. Can't argue with that. :thumbsup:

Thinkin about debadging my car as they are only wash mitt and GWDT rippers, what did you use to do this? Removing badges and the imminent haze thats behind them. thanks

I heated up the gum under the badges with a hairdryer and then just carefully worked them off with my club card thing from the local grocery store (!). Then I picked off as much of the adhesive as I could by hand, and then I got the rest with a rag and some Goof-Off.

After that I did the area (and the whole back hatch) with SHR, FMP and some Americana. You can't see any trace at all of the badges -- it came out perfect. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: Didn't really take all that long, either.

And we all go on believing it all. We'll all fall in line untill the next trend comes along.

True indeed. Next it will be electrics, or fuel cells, or cars that miraculously run on hot air. :lol: For us it's just a cheap, economical car to use for running around town.

And for the record I hate that fact that so many people assume all Prius drivers are trying to make some smug statement -- Some certainly are, but we're not in that club. :thumbsup:

True indeed. Next it will be electrics, or fuel cells, or cars that miraculously run on hot air. :lol:

I will keep real fuel for now. I love my V8 and with the cylinder deactivation I can get 26 to 28 on the highway. If I was going to go for a gas mileage machine I would have to get a diesel like your vdub. You cannot beat diesels for efficiency and torque. I would not mind a hybrid if I could get one that looked like a normal car, but even the Tahoe Hybrid has 17 hybrid badges. I would be buying the hybrid for the better gas mileage not to be an Eco nut.

It's going to be interesting to see how much gas is going to go up now with that massive oil spill. Not only will the loss of the oil cost be passed on to consumers, but the cost of the clean up as well. Sounds like Rich has the right idea after all! :2thumbs:

Rich, I waited 2 1/2 years to find the right SS Trailblazer! You can be sure those badges are staying on!! The Prius looks good though I like that look on most cars.

Rich, I waited 2 1/2 years to find the right SS Trailblazer! You can be sure those badges are staying on!! The Prius looks good though I like that look on most cars.

Hey, I totally understand, Scott. On my Jetta I took off the jetta badge but left the TDI badge... Because THAT I'm proud to brag about. :thumbsup:

Looks better, but its still a Prius. lol Just make sure to sell it before warranty is out, any repair will probably cost as much as the car.

I hear ya. I like the SS badges, but the GM ones were gone before I had owned the truck for 4 hours! lol I took off the 'trailblazer' on the back but didn't like the look so I traced and digitized the letters and had some vinyl ones made (long before anyone offered them) and I like the look much better for silver.

http://mcss383.smugmug.com/Cars/2009-Trailblazer-SS/7845773_hGn78#533805715_ZyzZ6

That came out great! What's the best way to remove those? I have a **** dealer badge I've been wanting to take off but didnt want to hurt anything. Any suggestions or tips?

I soak them with goo gone for a few minutes and then work some dental floss behind it to remove. Did this with the 335i for a dealer badge that had been on there for 3 years. Came right off.