Customer Service 866.965.0400

Debadged the wife's Prius

• 2 years later...

Pardon the digging up of an old thread but I'm curious about something Rich. Are you able to clean under the hood on a hybrid the way you do under the hood of an internal combustion engine vehicle? Do you cover up the high voltage side of things or is everything sealed tight?

Pardon the digging up of an old thread but I'm curious about something Rich. Are you able to clean under the hood on a hybrid the way you do under the hood of an internal combustion engine vehicle? Do you cover up the high voltage side of things or is everything sealed tight?

Honestly, the thought of cleaning under that car's hood never even crossed my mind. Good question, though.

It's funny you revived this thread, too, as my project for today is to give that car a good detailing. I'll take a peek under there and see how vulnerable it looks. :thumbsup:

Put in a full day's work, giving the car it's second complete paint correction. (First one was about 2 years ago)

The cell phone pics don't do the "after" much justice, but it really does look 100% better. The full detailing was prompted by the desire to remove the scuffs someone thoughtfully left on the driver's side. After some SSR, SHR, and FMP, they're history. :thumbsup:

2012-11-10100309.jpg

2012-11-10100322.jpg

2012-11-10100335.jpg

2012-11-10134312.jpg

2012-11-10134651.jpg

2012-11-10140130.jpg

2012-11-10140232.jpg

2012-11-10140246.jpg

Toyota recommends that you don't. Getting too much water on the inverter can be bad.

Yea, it just seems like it would be asking for trouble by running a hose in there. I just did a little wipedown with some waterless wash; it really wasn't all that dirty in there. :thumbsup: