Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT Fling

Jump1979man

Question

Anyone else experiencing VRT flinging off and onto their car?

I have been wondering what the little black specks on my car behind the wheels has been and today I have come to the conclusion its VRT fling off.

Wipes off easily but, I would have thought after an overnight of sitting that it might have helped with drying somewhat so that it didnt fling off......I was wrong although it wasnt as bad.

22 answers to this question

I'd have to agree that it might be too much or just residual product stuck in grooves. Best solution I've found to getting the excess product off of the tires is to use a second DRY block sponge to wipe the tires down after application.

The stock tires on my avy have tons of lines on the sidewall... I go around, do my application to all tires then come back around and wipe each tire down with a dry sponge. Also evens out the gloss and takes them down to more of a matte finish (which is how I prefer it anyways)

what you are seeing might also be water spots or rubber flinging from the tires.

The only time I get rubber on my tires is when I do this.

Sadly the Mustang is no more.

th_MOV00803.jpg

or this this is the aftermath. Both of these were consecutive fourth of July's. I always do a good burnout. It is my tradition.

IMG00006-20090704-1448.jpg

I have had sling also, I had been using two coats i will try one coat. I even used the air dryer on the tires but it still came off. I will drop down to one coat and see what happens.

Are you using the entire sponge? If you are using them on the Z06 tires you may want to 'butcher' your sponge to get better contact.

Cut the sponge in half and use the flat side to apply the VRT to the low-profile tires -

tiresponge.jpg

(thanks to Sundog for this tip).

I will try putting a little less on next time but honestly it wasnt anymore than Adam was using in his video.

I think its just due to the grooves but I would have guessed it would have dried after 12+ hours. Maybe it doesnt quite dry and thats how it maintains that wet look.

That is one of the Adams products I have been using for a while now. I use it on 2 cars 1 truck and 1 travel trailer. The truck tires have A lot of deep grooves. I use the blue sponges and I have never had that happen. You are using too much.

yeah i have a lot of vertical grooves in my Formula 1 tires. I dont have the nice black tire sponges...I somehow got the crappy blue sponges with my order.....(no they are not crappy, a sponge is a sponge but they dont look cool like the black ones.)

I didnt really think I am using too much as I watched the Volume 6 video and use the same amount as Adam.......it must just be from the grooves in the tires.

Really not sure how to get around that. The car sat for over 12 hours from wiping VRT on it until when I drove it this morning.......granted its not as bad as it has been before when I drove right after a wash but it was still a pretty good amount of fling.

The funny thing or not so funny thing is up until just today I thought somehow I must have been hitting patches or tar or something and I was getting real pissed off at that prospect.....but the last few times I washed it off it came off real easy with just a wipe....so I was thinking I was just lucky and Adams Shampoo and Waterless car wash worked wonders on tar....LOL! I am 99.9% sure it wasnt tar and am fairly confident that its the VRT now.

I have tires with groves in them. If I fill the groves wit VRT I will get some fling. You are using way too much product. If you are using the pro tire sponge go over any groves a few times and make sure that the product did not pull up in there.

Archived