Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Here

duramaxsky

I have been using some Adams products for A while now. I went from the Seattle area to the Portland detail clinic A few weeks ago. I wanted to see if I would be able to use the machine polishing system. I have A 2003 Chev Pick Up that needs some TLC. I purchased the machine and some other goodies there. I have not had A chance to use them as I have too many things to do. I tested the 4" pads and the polisher on a small part of the truck today. It had scratches swirl marks and water spots. I am amazed at how well and easily it corrected the paint to almost perfect. Before I do the whole truck I want to remove the ugly black trim strips from the sides and debadge it except for the bow tie in the grille and the Duramax badges. I also want to remove the stupid 4X4 stickers from the rear of the bed. I don't have that kind of time today and need some adhesive remover but now I really want to get to it. Once I get good at this system I will polish my Sky. It just has some minor swirl marks but I want it perfect. Washing and drying with Adams products as shown by Adam at the clinic I found it has less swirl marks than I thought. I found Adams on the Sky forum after watching the Junk Mans videos. He posts there. The right products and information makes all the difference. Now to get rid of all my store bought stuff. None of that worked very well. :2thumbs::rockon::cheers:

Arrival Blue! Yes I know it was stupid to buy A dark blue truck but it looked sooo good on the dealers lot. My Sky is midnight blue but I only drive it when its nice enough to have the top down and wipe it down with detail spray and cover it in the garage. I am going to paint the mud flaps and fender flares so I could do the bow tie too.

Thanks to all. Now that I have found Adams and can get the good stuff and good advice I will be able to make my stuff look nice. I do know how to paint. I was thinking about painting the truck but it looks like I wont need to. As I get older I don't feel like taking on those big jobs any more. Its not that bad just A lot of surface scratches. It just bugs me. Michelle says its just A truck. She feels its purpose is to work not look good. When we drive it to LA she cant understand why the first thing I do after unhooking the trailer is take it to the wash area at the RV park. I refuse to drive around LA with A dirty truck. A dirty rental car yes but not MY truck.

Hey Matt, the next time Michelle wants something nice to wear (clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc...), tell her that she is just a wife. Her purpose is to cook, clean and have babies. Tell her that if you wanted a supermodel, then you would have married one.

Then turn and run like hell because there is no telling what is heading for the back of your head! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you even tell her that and don't show this to her either. I already have enough wives mad at me for getting their husbands hooked on this stuff as it is! :willy:

Welcome to the forum, I just drove down 276th about a month ago coming back from Kent, kind of a cool road. If you want any tips/help or if you want to try out some new products feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm down around the Kent/Covington area semi often. It seems like we've had a few of us (real) PNW's showing up lately, maybe I need to start distributing :)

Junkman I love your videos. You have great advice there. I however am an expert at getting in trouble so I won't need help there. I am a teamster shop steward so I get lots of practice.

:lol: :lol:

As a former union member, I know exactly what you're talking about!

• 2 weeks later...

Well its debadged and the stupid black plastic is off the doors. The fender flares are off to be painted. I may paint the plastic on the front bumper and mirrors too. I am fixing the chips and tried the polisher on the hood. Swirl marks and water spots are gone. This system works great. Now to find more time. My paint came UPS yesterday but I dont want to mix it up untill I decide on the mirrors. They are the power extender type so there will be a black plastic expandable boot inbetween the painted parts. I have seen them painted but still cant decide. Dont want to clean the paint gun more than once. I hate that job.

Archived