Customer Service 866.965.0400

Corvette Recall

Chewy

Wheww, glad I didnt buy that new Vette I had my eye on. Seriously though, if you own one, god love ya! Someday I will have the pleasure. Right now I am stuck with my german engineered monster. Its amazing that they designed a car that will physically pull money out of your wallet when you arent looking. If I can just find the right tax right off for a Z06...

Wish they would recall this camaro for the paint chipping issues!

What type of issues are you having? I recall the Mopar issues of the early 70's (you may not be old enough) where they had trouble getting the paint to stick to the metal. "Plum Crazy" (a purple) was especially bad as I recall...

I had this issue come up when I was tuning my uncles Vette. I thought we were head to a ditch, but we got it stopped. It was fixed under warranty though. Glad to see they are recalling it because my little Chevy dealer said almost all the Vettes they have sold have had this problem.

Wish they would recall this camaro for the paint chipping issues!

The G8's no better I'm afraid. In GM's quest to make more money they have gotten cheap on the paint. Thin Thin Thin... The clear on my G8 is fairly hard though. This is why I went with the clear bra in strategic places on my car.

Chris

Received notice today...actually 2 recalls in same letter. Roof issue and active handling. Almost 109,000 miles on 05 C6. Roof was recalled long ago and they said was okay. Then started popping noises, they replaced release handles. Started popping noises again plus wind noise. Per letter they are replacing all tops.

Hope they can color match Americana :cheers:

Regarding active handling I have never had an issue with this on this Vette. Recall says they will replace a clip on telescoping steering wheel connection. ....Had Active handling problem on 01 C5. Going down straight freeway at 60 MPH "active handling engaged" message would occur and alternating brakes would come on and swerve Vette. Scary...got rid of that Vette at 86,000 miles as they could never figure it out. :help:

woohoo not my year ! I feel like this recall has been out for a while though? if not then a similar one

There was a steering column lock recall on the C5's. Most of them have been taken care of though with a bypass.

Archived