Customer Service 866.965.0400

Parking - Dealer Decals

Sooners

Question

I'm sure most of you park as far away from other cars if possible. However, that's not always feasible. I got to thinking about something that might help give you an idea of the person you're parking next to. Unless your car was brand new, just rolled off the truck, and you made sure the dealer didn't touch it, chances are there's a dealer decal or logo of some sort on the rear. I would assume that anyone that cares about the appearance of their car like we do either has the dealer remove it, or immediately removes it upon getting the vehicle home. Most people either don't notice or don't care, and they provide free advertising for the dealer.

Now, there are many factors involved here (car leaves before you, etc), but if you can park next to a vehicle that appears to be well taken care of, and it doesn't have a dealer decal, then the owner most likely took the time to ensure it was removed, and then in turn they are more likely to be respectful of your car. This should at least decrease your chances of bad things happening to your car. Just a thought.

HA!! Dealer decals... heck... I don't even leave the factory badging on my vehicles, let alone allow a dealer to stick anything extra on there.

The second I start getting checks from Chevy for advertising is the second I start leaving the badges on.

DSC_5400.jpg

_DSC0374.jpg

OR... I told the one dealer,"I'd be more than happy to advertise for you. How much are you going to pay me?" :D

I did that with the Mazdas I had. They knocked 300 off the first and 400 off the second........LOL

For the OP, I thought the same thing, then I saw a Gen Coupe today identical to mine except in black. No dealer sticker, but they obviously were not taking care of it. Bird droppings, window only thankfully, muddy and they apparently drove around aiming for every insect in the province. :(

Archived