Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally had my baby girl!

LimitedDodge

Well last Monday April 26th my wife calls me at work to tell me I need to come home that they are going to enduce her tonight. Apparently they should have done it the Thursday prior, but the lab read the wrong numbers for her toxemia test. The test is sent off to a lab and they called the hospital and told them that the result number for protein in urine was around 30, which the doctor said was ok. After the hospital recieved the paper on Monday morning they relized that the protein level was actually in 600 range, which is not even close to being ok. Thankfully we were already at 38 weeks, so baby was developed and just mainly gaining weight at this point.

So to make quick of the story we went in Monday at 1:00pm. The started giving her stuff to speed up the labor process. Tuesday morning at about 5:00am the doctor broke her water. Finally at around 2:30 -2:45 we were at 10cm and ready to push. Started pushing and baby was not happy - heartbeat racing. Decided it would be best to do a C-section. By 3:09pm we had little Baby Kailyn. Weighed 7lbs 5oz and 20" long.

While they were bathing her and checking her out she was grasping for air at times. Was admitted to the NICU where she had to stay for at least 72 hrs on antibiotics. Which meant that they had the little IV's in her had, was really hard to see that! Was on a breather for a couple hours and had a tube put down into her stomach. After the excess fluid was removed from her stomach she had no problems breathing.

Stayed in hospital till Friday night. Sleeped on those wonderful plastic couches and ate some great hospital food.

The wife had and has a tough time getting around. So I pretty much have to do everything for her including getting out of bed, off the couch, bathing her, and a lot of other personal things. So she feels pretty helpless but she is getting alot better.

Well Here is my beautfiul baby girl Kailyn!

DSCN0235.jpg?t=1272987463

She was already a strong one soon as she was born!

DSCN0179.jpg?t=1272987771

Congratulations Jeremy! She's a beautiful baby. Of course you know you have to post pics once in a while so we can watch her grow up and use Adam's helping daddy!. My best to you all. :2thumbs:

Congrats Jeremy! She's beautiful! My little Claire only weighs 8oz more than her and Claire is now 6wks old!

I had the same experience my wife was bed ridden from the process for almost 2 weeks, I know exactly how you feel. Your body will enter survival mode, I went about 5 days on a total of about 6-8 hours of sleep. I didn't know how to get the baby to stop crying in the middle of the night so I would find myself walking in circles around the living room singing to her so my wife could rest.

Just think you have 4 more days to make it a great mothers day for Mom!

Hang in there man, and congrats again... There is no better feeling in the world than holding your child for the first time.

Congratulations Dad and also to Mom. :thumbsup: Savor the time with your little girl. Mine are going on two and I don't know where the last two years have gone. My wife was on bed rest the first three and last three months. We were fortunate and were blessed with twin girls. If this is your first you will learn the meaning of the word tired. I used to have to have silence and needed to lay down to sleep. No longer! Now I can sleep sitting up and with a ton of noise. Many were the night I'd hold one in each arm and rock in the recliner to get them to sleep. I would stay in the chair and get a few hours myself for fear of waking them.

Thanks everyone! Even though she is only a week old now I have started to learn the importance of patience and time! Man are they IMPORTANT!:bow:

Ryan I know what you mean about trying to get her to stop crying. Thankfully so far she has been a pretty good baby, although somehow she knows at about 9-10 at night we try and go to bed because she starts screaming!:D So I have been doing a little 2 steping and singing around our living room with her. Works pretty good till I stop, but she eventually settles down. It just so hard to hear when they are screaming, breaks your heart!

Now she makes work go by even slower because I am so ready to get home!:burnout:

Archived