Customer Service 866.965.0400

Drying Pads

jeast

Question

I just cleaned my polishing pads, did the pc spin in bucket thing and set them out to dry. I was wandering how you guys keep stuff from settling on them ? Im thinking dust or some dirt might be landing on them that could scratch my paint. Am I just being OCD ? Also would using a heat lamp to dry them work better ?

5 answers to this question

I just cleaned my polishing pads, did the pc spin in bucket thing and set them out to dry. I was wandering how you guys keep stuff from settling on them ? Im thinking dust or some dirt might be landing on them that could scratch my paint. Am I just being OCD ? Also would using a heat lamp to dry them work better ?

I put them in a cabinet upside down so that dust won't settle on them.

I would be reluctant to use a heat gun on them. Air dry is good. You could air dry them in the house on a rack of some kind if the idea of outside drying makes you uncomfortable about potential dirt.

I've actually started using my drill to dry ALL my pads. I line the larger pads up by eye using the backing plate for the 4" and spin them. Gets them VERY dry and then let them sit in the cabinet which isn't a tight box so they dry nicely.

Do the spinning in a bucket for safety. ;)

Archived