Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pitted Wheels

Jump1979man

Question

12 answers to this question

Jason, while you can't get the pits out, which are holes in the chrome, you can clean them up and polish them and keep the rust from showing. If you show us a pic we can evaluate better.

I think if you clay them first, then polish & wax, they will look much better! Also BSG :drool: to top them off!

get some green wheel cleaner and let them soak for a few minutes and maybe use a soft brush to try and get some of that crap off. I bet they are not pitted as bad as you think. Looks like alot of caked on brake dust and crap.

get some green wheel cleaner and let them soak for a few minutes and maybe use a soft brush to try and get some of that crap off. I bet they are not pitted as bad as you think. Looks like alot of caked on brake dust and crap.

Water spots is all....the pic was taken the day after I washed the car and used APC with a boars hair brush on the rim. The car wasnt driven at all after washing it just to pull it into the garage.

The wheels look like absolute crap!

They look better when wet, makes them look all shiny.

Well maybe try some Eagle1 NeverDull. It comes with wadding that maybe help scrub them a little bit and to drastic on them maybe even use some kind of scrubber like what autozone uses as there "Bug Scrubber" which no one in there right mind would use on paint but it may help with these wheels. If it comes down to it have them stripped and painted silver.

Shame shame Eric... We don't recommend competitors products... lol

Metal polish WILL make a difference if they ARE chrome. It's hard to tell in the pics.

I'd clay them real well first though.

Chris

Shame shame Eric... We don't recommend competitors products... lol

Metal polish WILL make a difference if they ARE chrome. It's hard to tell in the pics.

I'd clay them real well first though.

Chris

I know that I am just trying to give this guy a little more drastic options because it looks to me like on the close up of the spoke that he tried scrubbing with a nail or something and looks like it may come up with a little elbow grease and patience.

Those look like what happened to my oem steel painted wheels on the impala where the wheelcovers attached. Nothing but rust, so I'm off to ebay to price new covers. I gave up trying to repaint on mine.

If they are true chrome plated wheel... You can use brillo or 0000 steel wool...

But those look like they are aluminum with a clear coat... Looks like peeling in the picture with the stem.....If the wheel was chrome, you really would not have those edges like that. The chrome smooths them out.

Might need some real wheel refinishing for those. Or take em' to a powdercoater and haven em blasted and coated..

Archived