Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC noob question

Bbrock25

Question

So I'm getting ready to wash/clay/rewash then tape the car off (2010 Camaro btw :rockon:). I watched the Junkman's vids about the PC...the question I have is the extension cord I should use. I have a 14 gauge 15 amps cord, 25 ft. this will work right? A friend told me something about the bigger the gauge (thickness) = smaller the #. And the PC is a 18 gauge so I'd assume this will work ok.

Another question not about the PC inparticular, when taping the car off, I know to do all the trim peices and what not. But what about the door jams, and between the hood/fender gaps...Should I do anything to them? I don't want any polish down in there. And if anyone should have pics of a car that they taped up the gaps I would love to see how to do it.

Thanks again. Adam's products rock! :2thumbs:

7 answers to this question

Your friend was right and that'll work just fine. If you were running 100ft plus I'd say a larger guage (smaller number) may be wanted. 14 is pretty big though.

I don't do the gaps but I know people that do do them. I do however tape the top of the fender that meets the hood when working the hood and vice versa. Basically when I get something corrected I cover it up so when I do a surrounding area I don't undo what I did... Make sense? This isn't a science so don't go into it like it is. AJ does it his way, I do it my way, Adam does it his and on and on...

Good luck!

Chris

Tyvm. Yea I just didn't want excess polish down in the gaps. I had stripes painted on my car and I clearly told the guy to tap them up and under the hood was a nasty white dried on polish. It took forever to get it out, and there is still a small amount that I couldn't't get....But thanks for the advice! In your sig u have 2 coats of MSW...how long after I take the first off should I wait before applying a second coat? I want my baby to shine! :D

Thanks again.

If you have polish in the gaps you're using TOO MUCH product...

I would wait at least 24 hours to apply the second coat. You can also wait a week, wash the car and hit it with another coat. That's what I did when I put those 2 coats on.

Remember... The foam does most of the cutting. 3-4 pea sized drops and a spritz of DS for a 2x2 area is about right. I can usually make it go further with an additional spritz every so often to keep the product primed.

Chris

I put a 50' 14ga. cord on my pc to replace the stock cord. Make sure you get the green 3M painters tape. Post up pics when done!:thumbsup:

Will the blue painters tape suffice? Hopefully there is no difference other then color? It says its 14 Day clean removal sunlight resistant.

Will the blue painters tape suffice? Hopefully there is no difference other then color? It says its 14 Day clean removal sunlight resistant.

I think the blue tape is made for the house. Will it work probably! I like the green for the cars and I use the blue for my indoor painting.

It works fine... I believe green has less stick.

Chris

Archived