Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing a boat?

lawson4450

Question

One of the cops where i work wants his boat done, I went to look at it today and he did some sanding on on side of the boat where he made some repairs, the side is really smooth but you can see the sanding marks am i gonna be able to get most of that out with a pc? he isnt expecting a complete removal of all of it and he doesnt care about the top he just wants the sides from top to water line.

9 answers to this question

well I did the detail today and guess what forgot the camera lol. but i managed to get two pics from my cell phone and i think you will get the general idea. the one side of the boat was in ok shape no real scratches but a couple i only used the yellow pad with SHR on that side and it cleaned it up real well. the boat was used and had sat for like a year or two and i got notified that the guy wanted it done but i only had today to do it. I would have prefered two days so i could wax it but he didnt care if i waxed it or not so i said not lol . it took me from 9 ish to about 530 to do just the outside of the boat he didnt care about the inside said he would do it himself. I went to look at the boat yesterday and he showed me the oneside where they made repairs and it looked like they just used a couple of sanders on it without any particular order of sandpaper. So on that side i had to use yellow and orange with shr and white with fine machine polish. well it must have come out good because the guy across the street came over said he was stunned the thing could even shine and asked if i would do his boat. so anyway here are the pics i took on my phone so you can get an idea.

here is before

boatdetail1.jpg

and here is after

boatdetail2.jpg

you can now see the retaining wall with my supplies sitting on it in this one.

well im gonna hook him up i told him 100 bucks for a couple of reason first i told him i dont know if i can do it but i will try. second he is a cop in the town where i work and three im hoping to kinda use him as a stepping stone to other detail jobs. he actually already mentioned bout me doing the boat before its winterized so who knows.

My interpretation of other threads tells me, you should see sizeable improvements with the PC & Adams products on the gelcoat. I say go for it and make sure you get pics.

yeah i plan on it someone sent me a pm said they had stuff for fiberglass he said worked well but he didnt get back to me to tell me where i could get some of it by tomorrow morning lol. anyway i will get pics and if it works great if not then oh well i tried.

Archived