Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning after new paint

Zinn

Question

I just got my car back form the bodyshop after a month of repairs, so I've got fresh paint/clear. I don't plan to wax or polish it, as I was told to wait 30 days before doing that by the shop. I was told I could hand wash it and nothing else.

My problem...I live in an apartment complex, so I have to park outside. Parking outside = bird terds on new paint. I know that's a bad thing even on old paint.

My question...Would it be safe for me to use Adam's Waterless Carwash or Detailing Spray to clean it up?

Thanks for an answers.

-Charles

7 answers to this question

Depending on how bad it is you could mix up some car wash soap in water and put it in a foaming sprayer. Then you could just spray that on the bird poop and wipe off. You mostly want somethin to loosen up anything stuck on and soften it so you can get the debris off the paint easily with no damage.

I have a bottle of 6:1 diluted adam's car shampoo that I use to loosen/soak bug guts before a full foam down with the foam gun. That would probably work the same for poo.

FWIW I don't think DS has any sealing properties, just gloss enhancers if I remember correctly, someone asked Dylan a similar question @ a detail clinic.

Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately they came a little late. I was already at my buddies doing some car work by 1200 today. He let me wash my car while I was there. I used some car wash soap he uses. Wasn't too concerned with brand because I just wanted to get the bird poop and dust off.

Archived