Customer Service 866.965.0400

The SS got hit!

Rich

My wife was on her way to the store and a guy ran the red light and nailed her car. She's okay, but the whole left front from the door to the bumper is smashed, including the grill and hood. And I just detailed it!! Then the guy in the other car jumps out and tells her SHE ran the light. Fortunately, there were two guys who stayed as witnesses and told the police that she had the green and wasn't responsible. Man, he hit her hard too. No skid marks on the road at all, and he pushed her car over a 6" high curb up a hill into a yard. Poor wife is shaken up, but very glad not to be hurt. Guess I'll be driving the Vette for a while as a daily driver.

000_1855.jpg

Holy crap! Glad to hear Darlene's ok -- be sure to give her our best.

There must be something in the air today -- we just got home from Gettysburg and literally saw two accidents happen in front of us... One on i270 and one on route 15. Crazy!

Rich

Thanks everyone. I know the fender, etc can be repaired, but he drove her up over a huge fat cement curb so I don't know if there's any underside damage. Hopefully it won't take forever to fix. We're supposed to go on vacation on the 19th and I'm going to need a car!

Wonder if Al will let me borrow his ZR1. :jester:

Rich glad Darlene is fine. I have been in my fair share of accidents caused by someone else. First thing is to get in touch with his insurance and get the rental car. Thank goodness for witnesses because then it isn't your word against theirs. Hopefully he was cited for the cause of the accident so it is easier for you to settle the damages and physical trauma that it caused. Wish Darlene my best.

Rich glad Darlene is fine. I have been in my fair share of accidents caused by someone else. First thing is to get in touch with his insurance and get the rental car. Thank goodness for witnesses because then it isn't your word against theirs. Hopefully he was cited for the cause of the accident so it is easier for you to settle the damages and physical trauma that it caused. Wish Darlene my best.

She says thanks for the good wishes. The police were citing him for running the red light and reckless endangerment because this accident caused another one right behind her when the guy tried to go out around. Just have to wait till Monday to hear from the insurance.

Ouch that sucks. Glad your wife is ok.. thats whats really important, cars are replaceable; wives are not.

Well, that's debateable. :lolsmack:

Glad she is okay. Have your insurance contact the other guys insurance to get you a rental car ( I hear Hertz has some yellow and black Vettes )

They do, however only in certain markets. They gave my dad one on a business trip to San Francisco. He called me to tell me he was driving a vette down the PCH. I was a little jealous.

Got a couple pics today. Doesn't look so bad in the pics, but the major damage is underneath. Plus we found damage today on the door and in front of the back wheel.

000_2661.jpg

000_2664.jpg

Archived