Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford F150 Clear Coat

DP 08 GXP

Question

i am in the process of detailing a black Ford F 150 for someone and had a question about the clear coat. with my flex i have made 2 passes with the orange pad and SHR, 2 passes with the white pad and FMP, and 2 passes with the white pad and revive. i still have a decent amount of micro scratches that seem to not wanna come out. i am going slow and using the right pressure. i am thinking i may try out the yellow pad and SHR on a small section to see what that does. when i did that black GP i posted it turned out a lot better and that was with my PC. is ford's clear coat typically harder then GM's? thanks.

12 answers to this question

i have a ford f350 2006. and the paint is pretty easy to correct. i asume its the same as a 150.. glad u had nice results.

In my experience the 06 paint was pretty soft for some reason on the superduty's of that year (I had an 06). Mine would scratch so easy and generally looked like poo. My 08's paint is MUCH better and quite a bit harder. Not sure when the paint started to change but I know my 07 mustang has decently hard clear but its a totally different ford product (obvi).

In my experience the 06 paint was pretty soft for some reason on the superduty's of that year (I had an 06). Mine would scratch so easy and generally looked like poo. My 08's paint is MUCH better and quite a bit harder. Not sure when the paint started to change but I know my 07 mustang has decently hard clear but its a totally different ford product (obvi).

:iagree:my 06 ford 150 seems to have soft paint-was not too concerned since it is a farm truck. but i think at this point it needs an overhaul:pc:good to hear-thought it was the use it gets.

I had to use the yellow pad on my 150. Also why only 2 passes? You should watch the AJ's videos about using the PC. I make as many passes as it takes until the product looks just how he describes it.

Remember to clay really good. I noticed I had to really go at it with the clay on my 150 vs what I did with my Silverado.

Archived