Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless wash

Opeth

Question

I had a thought today while washing the car. My car was pretty dirty (it had been 3 weeks since the last time I washed) and I was being really careful not to get anymore swirls than I already have. But i wondered, once you have thoroughly rinsed the car to get loose dirt off, would a thorough spritzing of Waterless Wash before washing help with dirt removal? My thinking is that WCW will add some more lubricity in addition to the shampoo. Would this work or would it be a waste of WCW?

Also, does anyone else notice that bugs are attracted to a newly cleaned car. Specifically, after the application of DS when drying, I get lots of insects landing on my car. Its strange. Maybe I'm losing my mind:lolsmack:

Thanks!

19 answers to this question

and thats mainly where he learned to detail haha. i did just switch from his meguiars that he always used and swore by. i think he likes these products, but just doesnt like to admit it. i started my thread about my photoshoot post your tips up there AJ, i would watch all your video's but i wont be near a computer tonight.

so waterless wash for dust only? i figured that "detail spray" would be used for that. im gona start a thread tonight to give advice on my "photoshoot detail" so i can be schooled. I just follow what my dad has done, hes been detailing cars and show cars for 30 years.

EDIT:

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=143679#post143679

well yeah i do wash it after, i just dont wanna put the APC on the front end and then have to wax it, it saves a step during a quick wash.

I'm saying you should wash it instead of using the waterless wash. All those bug skeletons are doing nothing but scratching up your paint as you drag them across the finish. Watch these videos and you will get a better understanding of what I'm talking about.

Using Waterless Wash where you should be using the foam gun is a major waste of money. It is not going to loosen up the dirt and lubricate the finish as well as the Car Shampoo and water will do. Water is free and the Car Shampoo will go a lot further.

Water is not free where I live:(

I use the foamer and let it sit a bit but I've heard of people putting WW in their wash bucket. I'm almost sure it was Dylan but I may be wrong. Not sure if he was just experimenting or what...

Chris

Using Waterless Wash where you should be using the foam gun is a major waste of money. It is not going to loosen up the dirt and lubricate the finish as well as the Car Shampoo and water will do. Water is free and the Car Shampoo will go a lot further.

Thanks AJ! I thought that may be the case. I'll save the WW. But I really do need to get the foam gun. It never ends:banana:

....Also, does anyone else notice that bugs are attracted to a newly cleaned car. Specifically, after the application of DS when drying, I get lots of insects landing on my car. Its strange. Maybe I'm losing my mind:lolsmack:

Thanks!

Don't worry, you are not losing your mind because I have the same problem, bugs always land on my freshly washed car. But we could both be losing our mind:lolsmack:

Archived