Customer Service 866.965.0400

what products can i use on clear bra

grogfisher

Question

Being new to car detailing and with a vehicle that has an entire front end clear bra....other than the clear polish what other items do you suggest I use. Can this be waxed...waterless washed? Again I'm new to this and want to explore my options..

Thanks for sharing your experiences,

Greg

13 answers to this question

Well I know I shouldn't go against AJ on this one, but I have a clear bra and used both the clear polish and FMP on mine.

I had some minor marring on my rear clear which protects the top of my bumper from morons with luggage. (ugh) so I took the white focus pad with my PC and some FMP and they buffed right out. I also used the white pad (clean) with the clear polish on the front bra and it worked great. You won't remove scratches from your clear bra so don't try.

Chris

You can wipe on it with Waterless Wash to remove bugs and stuff, but other than Clear Polish, I would use absolutely nothing else.

:iagree:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">360.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's Clear Polish</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: CB-06</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $24.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><FORM id=AddToCartForm_360_380 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_360_380 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_360_380_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d17%26SEName%3dcar-wax-hand-polish method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Adam's Clear Polish treats and protects automotive clear bras and clear plastic headlight lenses. Polishes and prevents yellowing and clouding!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=/images/box_06.gif> </TD></TR><TR><TD>box_07.gif</TD><TD background=/images/box_08.gif> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well I know I shouldn't go against AJ on this one, but I have a clear bra and used both the clear polish and FMP on mine.

I had some minor marring on my rear clear which protects the top of my bumper from morons with luggage. (ugh) so I took the white focus pad with my PC and some FMP and they buffed right out. I also used the white pad (clean) with the clear polish on the front bra and it worked great. You won't remove scratches from your clear bra so don't try.

Chris

I would be worried about the clear turning yellow over time if you keep using FMP on it. That's my main concern.

I would be worried about the clear turning yellow over time if you keep using FMP on it. That's my main concern.

I didn't have a choice... The clear polish is great but the marring wouldn't polish out. If it goes bad I'll replace it. lol

It's not so bad on my black but I see your point for others.

Chris

Thanks fellas for your replies,

The car with the clear bra is on a dark blue mx-5 miata. I've only had it for 2 weeks it's an 2007 but in pretty good shape... My wife and I have 2 cats and I can see fine scratches as they are helping themselves to a nap on the soft-top.

I really do like this car and want to keep it's appearance up...My reaction to these scratches has lead me to believe that this may turn into a weekend driver...and my 06 Scion XA will be my version of the "meanocamino."

:pc:

Not to threadjack here but did any of you guys previously try the Xpel PFF cleaner or sealant? My only concern is using another brands polish may impact the 7yr warranty. But I will ask the installer tomorrow for sure (getting it put on tomorrow).

Not to threadjack here but did any of you guys previously try the Xpel PFF cleaner or sealant? My only concern is using another brands polish may impact the 7yr warranty. But I will ask the installer tomorrow for sure (getting it put on tomorrow).

If the installer of the clear bra seemed very knowledgeable about the product, I wouldn't hesitate to use what they recommended.

But can they prove you used something else? All they can prove is that you did or didn't use there's if you keep the receipt when you bought it when you had it installed.

Well the guy that did the install clearly knew what he was doing. He also said he had been doing it for 7yrs and he recommended just using whatever wax I had on the rest of the car. He had the sealant to buy if I really wanted it but said you won't gain anything with it. So after it dries out in a couple of days completely I will put a coat of Americana on it. He did warn to keep the PC away and to tape off the edges when I use the polisher again which makes sense.

Junkman you would of been impressed, its a mobile service (if you want) and he rolled up in a vette :)

That he did! Was a nice vette, and I am not one who usually is fond of them. I imagine my face was one of shock because I was expecting the usual white van/truck to come pulling up. Anyway I tend to agree with you that some type of sealant needs to be put on. Should I have any concern with detail spray even after I put some type of sealant on? I really don't want a pink bra on the front of the blue/black car :)

Like I said before, I would ONLY use the Clear Polish on it, and only if it is necessary. If you wanted to remove some bug splatter, use the Waterless Wash. Detail Spray can build up over time and you do NOT want to see the clear bra. The less you mess with it, the more invisible it will remain. Constantly wiping on the thing will slowly over time make it more pronounced.

Leave it alone as much as possible.

Archived