Customer Service 866.965.0400

Boars Hair Brush

hawgfan

Question

Ok I was searching the internet and saw that another site suggested a blonde boars hair wash brush (one on an extended pole). Now my question is are these safe for clear coat, if used right can or will they scratch your finish. I know even the Adams wash pad will scratch your finish if not used right. Just wondering if the blonde boars hair wash brush is safe. I have a truck is the reason and it is hard for me to reach the top and all around the hood without a step ladder. Thanks

Jason

12 answers to this question

IMO it probably could work since it's really soft but not recomended. I would just continue using the wash pads. The key is to have lots of foam on the car to lift the dirt which will make it easier to clean.

There has been a ton of debate whether a boars hair brush is safe on paint. Many people swear by them but a lot of people say they will cause swirls/scratches. I know of one highly respected detailer who washes cars with them and he never causes swirls. It would be nice for roofs of suvs, etc.

There has been a ton of debate whether a boars hair brush is safe on paint. Many people swear by them but a lot of people say they will cause swirls/scratches. I know of one highly respected detailer who washes cars with them and he never causes swirls. It would be nice for roofs of suvs, etc.

That's the only place I was going to use it is the roof, I think I might get one and try it anyway, even if I do get swirls, those swirls will be no match for ADAMS....

ABSOLUTELY NO BRUSH IS SAFE FOR PAINT OR CLEAR COAT NOT A ONE!!!!!!!!!!

don't believe me ask the junkman :P

it may ultra fine but you will damage paint.....unless restoring the paint anyway then you may not care.

Actually wolfy, its really more a question of how they're used versus the material itself. A high quality boars hair brush is TECHNICALLY paint safe, the caveat being that you must use it appropriately. The brush needs to only make light contact with the paint and be rinsed regularly... the mistake many people use is SCRUBBING at the paint with the brush or working back/forth/circular/etc. In these cases its not so much the bristles doing the damage as it is the grit they pull from the surface. (think using the brush in a similar fashion to how AJ uses the cali duster in his video)

To that end its rather difficult to wash anything more than just a lightly dirty vehicle with a brush, plus its very difficult to gauge the pressure you're putting down via that long handle many of them have.

hmmm yee i guess if you used it as a wet cali duster technique it would work but 98% will use it as a surface scrub brush lol & very very few would only go in one direction.

srry was just reiterating the advice given @ the clinic by the junkman when he was asked the same thing , he said same as i did :D

***technically = virtually :jester:

technically the flex will not burn threw paint! but realistically it will if used wrong :lol:

Archived