Customer Service 866.965.0400

50 Ugliest Cars of the Last 50 Years

Marylander

I bet AJ has an issue with this one....http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/10/1028_50_ugliest_cars_of_past_50_years/2.htm

The Enzo was too cool for school! Kind of an F1 car with an enclosed coc k pit.

Who made this list? I disagree with El Camino, Enzo, Prowler, Delorean and SSR.

Also, I'm not in love with the PT Cruiser, but the thing sold like hotcakes!!

Atleast they got one right...the Aztec.

I gotta disagree with most of their picks. There are some great looking rigs there and for most of the rest they picked cars that were designed as nothing more than affordable transport, not design ideas.

Agree with the Cube, Aztec and Element, but those are almost too easy to put on this list.

The first thing that popped into my mind when I saw my first Element was "hey, the guys responsible for the Aztec must be happy, they just moved into second place"

I take absolutely no offense to the Aztek being on this list. As well as the Gremlin, Pinto and Mustang II. But I personally always loved the Prowler, just hated that it didn't have a V8. I also agree with Chewy, how can you place a car like the Enzo on this list? The author states:

The Enzo's superfluous curves and angles take flashy overcompensation to a new high. The V-shaped hood, scooped-out doors, and bulbous windshield scream overkill.

It may just be me but, but to me these design cues scream "I was designed with the use of a wind tunnel."

I disagree with the new Beetle, the Delorean, and of course the Enzo. The reviewer is off base, as the Enzo is not a commuter car - it is a performance machine, period.

But the Pacer - oh yeah, it was terrible when it came out.

Yea, having the DeLorean, Enzo and even New Beetle listed as ugly is just off-base. And some of the others -- H2, Element, Prowler, SSR -- aren't really ugly, they're just not cars for everyone.

And I was amused that our Prius made the list. Anyone else want to own up to having one of these cars? :loser:

I got to agree on the Enzo actually. You guys are looking at it from a car enthusiast point. Look at it from just looking at a design (not what it's meant to do). It's ugly. Plain and simple. Yeah it's a BAMF car and all the design DOES reflect performance, but think outside of that.

I have to agree on El Camino too. I've never been an El Camino fan.

Rich, how dare they put Linda's car on the list! The nerve!!:lolsmack::lolsmack::jester:

Actually, I wasn't all that surprised when I saw it. I can polish and wax it until the cows come home, but that car is never going to win any beauty contests. :jester:

Everytime I see a list like this, I can't help but feel they missed their own point. Beautiful/ugly car lists should be based on if the car was trying to make a splash or statement with it's looks. Which is why the Aztec, Cube and Element fit perfectly on this list and the Enzo, SSR and Prowler do not.

I mean common, the Chevette? Sure, it ain't gonna win any styling contests, but that's not why it was produced.

I disagree with a lot of the list as well. Everyone has there own taste or idea what is important in a car. Thats why they make so many different kinds and options for those vehicles.

On a side note there is a Cube that lives around me that has some mods and on the back it says "You just got passed by a toaster!":lolsmack:

On a side note there is a Cube that lives around me that has some mods and on the back it says "You just got passed by a toaster!":lolsmack:

:lolsmack:

Well I guess that is better than the guy who pulled along side me a couple weeks ago and wanted to go.

In his SmartCar...........:willy:

• 2 weeks later...

I always wanted a DeLorean since BTTF, and a '75-'81 El Camino. I had a '80 Malibu but the previous owner didn't care, and after I had it about 3 years, traded it off on an equally crappy '86 cavalier hatchback.

Atleast they got one right...the Aztec.

First car that came to mind when I read the title. HATE those things.

I always have to slow down when passing one to see who bought one. Like going to the zoo or something. Looking through the glass at natures oddity.:D

I thought that Toyota IQ at the end was pretty cool.

Archived