Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray or Waterless Wash

8rad

Question

Going to the car wash today, gonna use my new adams pail with grit guard, premium wash pad and adams car wash.

My question is...

Whats better to spray on your car with after you wash it and before you dry it.

Can I use the waterless wash when my car is still wet? Or is better to use detail spray?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

I have tried both, and I like Detail Spray better, wipes off a little easier. Since you have already polished and waxed your car, I would use the pooling method and you really wont have to use detail spray, there should be very little water left on the car.

True, the pooling method is really nice.

Wont the ds or ww give it a lil more shine? Or would I be wasting product?

DS will give it a richer buttery look IMO. It's the oils in the product.

I like DS for drying but both will work and WW will give you more protection from dust as it will help encapsulate it.

Chris

What is WW used for instead of DS? they seem like they could be used interchangeably. I am in the process of finishing other products and making a complete switch, so I'm just wondering

A lot of people used to use DS to clean up their car after a little dust hit it. More and more are finding that WW is a better/safer way of doing that.

A lot of people will follow the WW with DS to get that just waxed look back.

WW encapsulates the dust/dirt particles which reduces the severity or potential of damage.

I also use WW to clean my door openings and around my door after a wash.

WW is less expensive than DS and in some cases better to use.

Chris

I've moved to waterless wash as my drying agent for a couple of reasons -

Higher lubricity = better protection against swirls

Price, it cheaper than DS

Plus that saves my detail spray for doing the things its good at, like clay lubrication, pad priming, and adding gloss when I need it.

Once you get your ride Adamized you can keep it looking great with a little maintenance.

I use Adam's Detail spray and/or Waterless wash to keep the vette looking awesome between "two bucket washing"

This video shows my vette which hasn't been washed since 2009

Check it out:

Archived