Customer Service 866.965.0400

Red Light Runners

Marylander

I tell ya folks, being the law enforcement dude that I am...where your seat belts for gods sake! ALWAYS pause at the green for a few seconds to make sure some idiot isnt barreling through a red light. The two fire trucks colliding reinforces why we po po make fun of the hose draggers (as long as they were ok).

I tell ya folks, being the law enforcement dude that I am...where your seat belts for gods sake! ALWAYS pause at the green for a few seconds to make sure some idiot isnt barreling through a red light. The two fire trucks colliding reinforces why we po po make fun of the hose draggers (as long as they were ok).

I agree seat belt always and I check traffic before going through a green. That one at 435 was nuts the 2 cars colliding made it into a 5 car pileup.

funny thing is us hosedraggers make fun of cops for the same thing lol and oh yeah dont park in front of the hydrant we will go thru the windows lol. The other night we had a report of a chimney fire I knew which house it was because the cop marked the front of the address with his patrol car directly across from the hydrant. I said to him I wouldnt park there we have been known to go thru cop cars and he said What hydrant? WOW very observant officer there lol

I agree seat belt always and I check traffic before going through a green. That one at 435 was nuts the 2 cars colliding made it into a 5 car pileup.

It reminded me of a video game series called "Burnout". In one aspect of the game the object is to create as large an accident as possible.

In all seriousness though, how hard is it to negotiate a 4-way intersection? Some of these videos just make you wanna reach out and smack a fool.

I think me riding motorcycles has made me a more observant driver even in my car. I am always looking to make sure some jag off isn't barreling through the light. We also have a company policy that if it's a company phone or a company vehicle, no phone usage is allowed unless on a 4 lane divided interstate AND you have to be using a hands free device of some sort. Anyone found using a phone at any other time will take a mandatory vacation of 3 days or worse depending on the circumstances.

Unfortunately for me I have both... Phone and car... lol It doesn't matter... Once you get used to it, it's not bad at all and MUCH safer.

Chris

I don't remember the case of the St. Louis accident but a lot of times it one of a couple things 1 guys race each other to fires unfortunately its old school thinking its the competitiveness of fire companies. the other thing is they have light preemption devices that turn your light green automatically but it can get confused and if you don't see the other vehicle then you think the light will change and it wont and then boom.

My wife got hit last Saturday by a guy who ran the red light. She and I are lucky she's okay. But you better believe that the other guy is gonna PAY! We're up to $5400 in damages so far. They haven't had a chance to assess the damage underneath the car and then there's the cost of the rental.

Archived