Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning Bug Deflector (not bugs)

Kingsford

Question

My truck looks great but the Black Tinted Plastic Bug Deflector on the front has like a rainbow cooler to it. It was completely Black when I bought it but it looked like a dark tinted window.

How can I get the dark color and the rainbow affect to go away? All I ever put on it is the soap I use to wash it.

PS, Its not coming off! Thats why I asked how to clean it!

UPDATED w/ Photos:

dsc0067en.jpg

dsc0064c.jpg

UPDATED: Looks better all I used was a small amount or VRT. Left a small layer of film but a microfiber cloth took it right of and.... well just look at the **** pictures!

dsc0068oy.jpg

dsc0069sp.jpg

Same Camera Same Angel. :bow:

21 answers to this question

I'd make sure it's clean and clay it with some DS and then grab some clear polish (great for head lights and clear bras) and polish it up. It should come nice and clean.

Chris

U want my addy for that glass towel now or later

well only have 2 of them and the GF will not be happy if they disappear because it is all she will use to clean the glass.like i said in the other thread buy them and if your not happy ill buy them from you

I just placed a 2nd order for the Essential Detail Kit, my buddy that turned me onto the stuff has nothing bad to say about Adam's and all the How-To Videos are amazing so I figure what the hell!

Unfortunately I don't have any APC, I actually was just introduced to Adam's and just placed my first order that should arrive tomorrow. I wanted to buy the $550 kit once I get some extra money but I dont know when that will be.

I've decided to take up detailing as a hobby because I am bored out of my mind.

how old is it, looks like you have a newer ford so not to old. but possibly the sun and weather just got to it and is causing to it to discolor.might try apc if that doesnt work might get a new one and just keep wax on it to help prevent this.

The truck is a 05 but the deflector is only about 2 years old.

how old is it, looks like you have a newer ford so not to old. but possibly the sun and weather just got to it and is causing to it to discolor.might try apc if that doesnt work might get a new one and just keep wax on it to help prevent this.

Archived