Customer Service 866.965.0400

Convertible Top Cleaner & Protectant

Just wondering if there is anything in the works for a cleaner & protectant for convertible tops? I currently use a product that is not very user friendly, but works well. If Adam's is going to make such a product I'll buy it in a heartbeat!!!

No convertible top specific product, but you could clean it with APC.:2thumbs:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=500 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top bgColor=#f3f4f5><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=middle width="41%">121.jpg</TD><TD width="59%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="54%"> </TD><TD width="46%"> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=redheading1 align=middle colSpan=2>Adam's All Purpose Cleaner</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Catalog No: D015</TD></TR><TR><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" align=middle colSpan=2>Price: $9.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle colSpan=2><FORM id=AddToCartForm_121_133 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCartForm_121_133 onsubmit="return validateForm(this) && AddToCartForm_121_133_Validator(this)" action=addtocart.aspx?returnurl=showcategory.aspx%3fCategoryID%3d24%26SEName%3dcleaners method=post> </FORM>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>spacer.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Tough on dirt, but easy on your car! Adam's All-Purpose Cleaner replaces a whole shelf full of automotive cleaners for wheels, tires, engine, tar, insects and more!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD background=/images/box_06.gif> </TD></TR><TR><TD>box_07.gif</TD><TD background=/images/box_08.gif> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

• 1 month later...
Just wondering if there is anything in the works for a cleaner & protectant for convertible tops? I currently use a product that is not very user friendly, but works well. If Adam's is going to make such a product I'll buy it in a heartbeat!!!

The last part of that is why we really don't have one... its hard to create a user friendly, good performing, convertible top cleaner/protectant that will suit all needs. The materials vary so much that making a "one size fits all" isn't feasible.

Raggtop makes a good cleaner/protectant kit

Raggtop is the way to go

That is my go to recommendation when just soap and water or a diluted mixture of APC fail. Also if you have very stubborn stains on your top that neither soap, apc, or raggtop address take a trip to your local marine supply store. Often times there are cleaners and protectants for boat covers that work very well on convertible tops.

Rest assured if/when we can find a good way to fill this need we'll have a product, but for right now we don't have one.

3M makes a great product for Sunbrella™ which gives back its water repellence.

We've used it on our boats covers in the past. I believe they make a cleaner as well.

Chris

• 2 months later...

i use Raggtopp on my Z-cleaner then protectant. this was before i knew about adam's...

• 2 months later...

:help::help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

WHAT NO RAG TOP CLEANER GRRRRR Adam u must get yer developer fairies on this!!!!!!! :lol:

Seriously i know alot of car guys that have a prob finding an effective and user friendly(nvm the environment) rag top cleaner. As a detailer i would def like to see you guys eventually make one, :D:D A NEW SERVICE TO OFFER USING ADAMS PRODUCTS!!!:lol:

as far as new products to think about i do believe this is one to flag and toy with!:bump:

Raggtop makes a good cleaner/protectant kit

:iagree:

Them or 303. We are looking at a way to get around the VOC laws involved in getting this product made. We don't have an answer yet, but a tip: Ragg Topp is most cost effective on Amazon.com.

:2thumbs:

I'll give a vote for RagTop. I've been using it on Dylan's recommendation, but I still want an Adam's version. I think I've prodded Dylan a couple times on it. :xfingers:

The last part of that is why we really don't have one... its hard to create a user friendly, good performing, convertible top cleaner/protectant that will suit all needs. The materials vary so much that making a "one size fits all" isn't feasible.

It doesn't have to be a one size fits all. Just formulate it to Porsche's material and I won't complain. :thumbsup:

Them or 303. We are looking at a way to get around the VOC laws involved in getting this product made.

Hopefully you can get the VOC figured out. If you do and need a beta tester, I know of a car.

The RagTop spray can is actually something that surprised me. They must be just skirting the VOC laws. I'm amazed at the fumes it puts out every time I use it. A well ventilated area, like cat 5 hurricane winds, is a must. Never try to use it in a closed area if you like to breath.

Archived