Customer Service 866.965.0400

WHEW!!!!! Finally finished!

Ironman58

Question

Well, y'all, I JUST finished the Adams washing, polishing and waxing system!! for the FIRST TIME!-It's now 11:30 p.m. Took me right at 12 hours to do it all-but...

WOW!! My 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro looks UNBELIEVABLE! The paint actually looks WET!! AJ (aka Junkman) is THE MAN!!

AJ-I followed the steps pretty well-may have used a bit more pressure than necessary on the PC, but then again I am an IRON MAN (lift weights and stuff) but all in all it turned out magnificent!!! I think I lost about 15 lbs in sweat-heat index of 105+ and the halogens glaring down on me all day didn't help -had to peel my t-shirt and shorts off (too much info?)

Man y'all didn't tell me it would be so much WORK!!! I washed her good, then clayed the HECK outta her-used 2 bars (dropped one and had to toss it), washed her again, then went to it with the SHR and my PC-I had some scratches and I touched them up a little, then, wet sanded it good before I tried it. It turned out pretty well, but if you really look close, you could just make it out..then the machine polish and finishing up with the machine wax and a good rubdown...

BTW, I had NO IDEA there were so many dings and chips until I detailed my car-That's part of the reason it took so long, cleaning up and touching up dings and chips. They weren't terribly bad, but again, if you REALLY look, you'll see 'em.

SO I'm finally relaxing with an ice cold glass of lemonade and feeling like a proud papa- She's SO PRETTY!! I'll post before/after pictures tomorrow..

THANKS SO MUCH AJ!! Your videos made the difference! and special thanks to Adams polishes for excellent products!!

That's a hot find there Chuck. The wheel stripes are garbage though. I've seen wheels for the Camaro that are major kick-azz. To put stickers on your wheels is just ugly. You do that to your Chevy Vega. I still wouldn't use stickers. I would pick the design I wanted and have that designed painted on the car.

Yea, painted on stripes can be expensive because if they do it right, they will put the stripes UNDER the clear coat, not on top of it.

Your absolutely right junkman. Here is my SSS with painted on Tribal Stripes (Not done by me) and you can see mine were painted on and then cleared over again so the factory clear wasnt messed with. You have to be certain that is what you want because it will cost you if you do not like them.

Also if it were me I would do some black stripes for one your wheels are black and it would roll with the factory grills better or a silver wouldnt be to bad either but imo white is a no go but its your ride not mine.

EricsTruck002.jpg

EricsTruck006.jpg

EricsTruck008.jpg

EricsTruck007.jpg

I like painted stripes as well, but I will do vinyl on my SS simply because I am going to play with color and styles until Im happy then its paint time. Oh and your car is just BREATHTAKING

Thank you!! There's a ton of vinyl striping options out there..I think I'm gonna wait until she gets some age on her, then get 'em painted on. The GM parts site shows a white rally stripe kit for $262.00 whick is pretty steep for vinyl stripes imo...

Saw a Boxster indentical to this on the way to work this morning.

Thinking a ghost striping like that in blue on the Camaro might look pretty good. Not exactly that pattern of course, but that idea.

porsche-boxster-s-de-1_800x0w.jpg

YEah, I'd LOVE something like that that's not TOO big of a contrast

Detailing is definitely a lot of hard work and doing it in the heat is almost unbearable. However the end results make all that hard work worth it in the end! I can't wait to see your pictures.

PS: Be glad you don't have a SUV like me....that makes for an even longer day!

i dont know how you detail that big thing-it takes me forever to do the lil 370! LOL :lol:

I feel ya buddy! Great job! YOU DID IT!!!!:bravo:

My little 370Z roadster(ragtop-no roof to polish) took SIX hours-so dont feel bad. You will get faster as you get the muscle memory.

the black stripe looks bad *** -puts out a diff vibe to me than the white. I'm just sayin...

ABM nice and detailed. :drool: For the striped, like Junkman said, painted looks a lot nicer. Painted rallys should run right above $1,000, and definitely consider silver, ABM with silver is the most gorgeous color combo on this planet Earth IMO! :cheers:

Frankly, I like the black stripes but ONLY if they are painted on. NO DECALS!

Outstanding looking job my friend. I am glad that you are pleased with the results and that you threw that piece of clay away! Very important rule to follow! Now when I come down to Atlanta, we'll have to hook up and let me see it in person. I love the look of the new Camaros and you color choice is pimpin'! :thumbsup:

:worth:

J/K!

I've always wanted to do that! Hope you kept up with your fluids, remember to pop a couple of Advil/Tylenol/Aspirin etc at bedtime. It is a lot of work, but it is so worth it. I'm looking forward to some pics.:cheers: Now go have another cold one, you've earned it.

Congratulations Gary, now take some pictures! :jester:

I washed her good, then clayed the HECK outta her-used 2 bars (dropped one and had to toss it)

The Adam's Clay bars are big enough to break into thirds for the next time you need to clay. That way if you drop a piece, you have 2 more clean ones.

Detailing is definitely a lot of hard work and doing it in the heat is almost unbearable. However the end results make all that hard work worth it in the end! I can't wait to see your pictures.

PS: Be glad you don't have a SUV like me....that makes for an even longer day!

PICTURES!

She looks even prettier in the sun! Notice all the reflections of the trees, etc. Just loke a mirror! I'm tickled!:banana:

Now if I can just keep her that way!-One more thing-I'd like y'alls opinion-Should I add a stripe package? I'm thinking white rally stripes-She's beautiful as she is, but I'm wondering about it..what do y'all think?

Archived