Customer Service 866.965.0400

WHEW!!!!! Finally finished!

Ironman58

Question

Well, y'all, I JUST finished the Adams washing, polishing and waxing system!! for the FIRST TIME!-It's now 11:30 p.m. Took me right at 12 hours to do it all-but...

WOW!! My 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro looks UNBELIEVABLE! The paint actually looks WET!! AJ (aka Junkman) is THE MAN!!

AJ-I followed the steps pretty well-may have used a bit more pressure than necessary on the PC, but then again I am an IRON MAN (lift weights and stuff) but all in all it turned out magnificent!!! I think I lost about 15 lbs in sweat-heat index of 105+ and the halogens glaring down on me all day didn't help -had to peel my t-shirt and shorts off (too much info?)

Man y'all didn't tell me it would be so much WORK!!! I washed her good, then clayed the HECK outta her-used 2 bars (dropped one and had to toss it), washed her again, then went to it with the SHR and my PC-I had some scratches and I touched them up a little, then, wet sanded it good before I tried it. It turned out pretty well, but if you really look close, you could just make it out..then the machine polish and finishing up with the machine wax and a good rubdown...

BTW, I had NO IDEA there were so many dings and chips until I detailed my car-That's part of the reason it took so long, cleaning up and touching up dings and chips. They weren't terribly bad, but again, if you REALLY look, you'll see 'em.

SO I'm finally relaxing with an ice cold glass of lemonade and feeling like a proud papa- She's SO PRETTY!! I'll post before/after pictures tomorrow..

THANKS SO MUCH AJ!! Your videos made the difference! and special thanks to Adams polishes for excellent products!!

I agree with AJ, especially on a nice car like your camaro painting stripes on is the only way to do it. but i'm not sure what color would look right on that nice blue. like its a bit too light for white but maybe not light enough for black, hmmm.

Frankly, I like the black stripes but ONLY if they are painted on. NO DECALS!

Outstanding looking job my friend. I am glad that you are pleased with the results and that you threw that piece of clay away! Very important rule to follow! Now when I come down to Atlanta, we'll have to hook up and let me see it in person. I love the look of the new Camaros and you color choice is pimpin'! :thumbsup:

C'MON DOWN!! Dinner's on me! :cheers: Yeah, you're right, the decal option just won't work-I hear bad things about decals-She's purty enough as is. I know the paint jobs can be REALLY expensive, but I think that's the ONLY way to go..

Archived